OVH Community, your new community space.

Customer seems to be hosting a fake virus site

spid3r1987
31-05-2011, 10:14
Quote Originally Posted by Rilly
I have had to clean so many of my friends PCs because of that malware!!! its a fraudulent malware used to exploit money from people
likewise, infact had to clean my brothers pc otherday because of this junk!!!
surely in your T&C's it will mention no virus hosting/adult material/illegal movie's/mp3's etc??
violation of T&C's = BOOT!!!!

Winit
13-05-2011, 19:27
Well done Richard. I respect your prompt action.

RichardWnl
13-05-2011, 19:21
I hate those sites myself too. I have suspended / did put the server into rescue-mode to prevent people from accessing those website(s) and contacted the customer about the problem. I can't see everything but this server caught my attention mainly because the customer was from what I would consider a high-risk country.

Glad I noticed it, because if OVH did. A lot of drama would have been started.

Rilly
13-05-2011, 16:03
I have had to clean so many of my friends PCs because of that malware!!! its a fraudulent malware used to exploit money from people

jonlewi5
13-05-2011, 11:20
Disabled his service, give him chance to remove it...

RichardWnl
13-05-2011, 09:21
Today I found out that one of my customers is hosting a ''fake'' virus site on his server. Can someone provide some advise on what would be best to do. Take down his server or suspend it and give him the opportunity to remove the content. As I assume this is not the type of website OVH would like to be hosted on their servers as per their TOS.

Screenshots: