OVH Community, your new community space.

Not one single person in Finance on Weekends

Neil
16-05-2011, 13:03
Quote Originally Posted by Halide
I've kept my mouth shut for a year, but now i'm sick of this.

I many times have to renew my server late on a Friday (just so happens to be the day it expires too) when I get payed.

(im so sorry that im poor and live month to month, please forgive me before you spout off with 'renew earlier', kthxbai)

It's blows my mind that a SERVER HOSTING COMPANY, whose customers rely on UPTIME, and has many tens of thousands of servers, cannot hire enough people to process my payment on a saturday or sunday morning.

Are you sh***ing me?

I have to wait till Monday morning before someone is able to process my payment and my server goes back online....

I cannot sufficiently express in words how backwards, silly, stupid, and many or things this _IS_. No question about is maybe being so, this _IS_ pathetic.

Thoughts?
Hi

All Credit/Debit card payments go through automatically unless there is something suspicious about your payment, I suggest you check to make sure your card matches your nic handle address, if it does not then you will need to create a billing contact so that it matches the card,

I suggest if the server is important to you pay before the server expires and not afterwards, this would stop what you have said from happening, you could also phoned the incident line who would of helped with this, or as suggested change it to a better renewal date maybe.

BoxSlots
15-05-2011, 19:33
I also agree with Halide on this, they are forever boasting their size & capabilities, but yet fail to have a couple of staff on board, to manage payments over the weekend and both of my banks are on 6 days a week so it just shows that some companies go that extra mile for those that live month to month lives

LawsHosting
15-05-2011, 10:34
As many people said, the payment maybe automated, but the renewals, afaik, need to be done manually (by a human)? Which, I agree, if your expiry date falls on a weekend, is a pita.

Solution: Give us 2 days extra before you pull the connection from the server? Especially to your loyal clients who pay on time and have been with you years

Don't forget that most of us have clients ourselves.

Andy
14-05-2011, 21:33
I happen to agree with Halide on this one. There should be someone in finance over weekends. OVH is the biggest host in Europe, are they not? Why is their support not up to it? That's my one and only big gripe.

_Lemon_
14-05-2011, 20:05
I don't know whether this is still true but if you supply an incorrect billing address it has to be approved by OVH personnel first. This is usually pretty prompt but it's the 9-5 staff that do it.

Halide
14-05-2011, 16:02
Hmmm nice suggestion about the aligning, dont know how i missed that option.

Perhaps Paypal Debit Card is the reason.....maybe it needs manual verification.

In which case my point definitely stands, how is there not at least a few people processing manual payments on the weekend?

Myatu
14-05-2011, 15:47
I may be missing something. When it comes to billing/payments, I've had no trouble with paying over the weekend - it's all automated. So is there something specific that requires your payment to be handled manually?

Perhaps you can "re-align" server's your billing cycle (from the OVH manager) to a week after you get paid (which would mean you pay once-off extra week worth of the server fee). That way, if the payment date falls just before or on the weekend, you have this extra week as a buffer.

Halide
14-05-2011, 15:39
LOL.....so by your reasoning every business should be closed for payments on weekends....because the banks are closed right? Your corner-store would beg to differ.

No, theres a thing called a credit card machine among other things.... And i paid by card.

ExW
14-05-2011, 15:21
Its the banks who dont work weekends

Halide
14-05-2011, 14:46
I've kept my mouth shut for a year, but now i'm sick of this.

I many times have to renew my server late on a Friday (just so happens to be the day it expires too) when I get payed.

(im so sorry that im poor and live month to month, please forgive me before you spout off with 'renew earlier', kthxbai)

It's blows my mind that a SERVER HOSTING COMPANY, whose customers rely on UPTIME, and has many tens of thousands of servers, cannot hire enough people to process my payment on a saturday or sunday morning.

Are you sh***ing me?

I have to wait till Monday morning before someone is able to process my payment and my server goes back online....

I cannot sufficiently express in words how backwards, silly, stupid, and many or things this _IS_. No question about is maybe being so, this _IS_ pathetic.

Thoughts?