OVH Community, your new community space.

Kimsufi Q-1T up for grabs (expires 30th May)

RichardWnl
06-06-2011, 16:24
Not trying to Hijack your topic Andy, but since the server you are trying/tried to sell is already expired or has been sold. I feel this is the right spot to put it in otherwise we're going to have two pretty similar topics.
---------------

I can offer anyone interested nearly the same config:

Intel Quad Core Q6600 4x 2.40 GHz
4GB DDR2 RAM
1.000 GB SATA2 Disk
100Mbps Switch Port with 3TB outbound B/W
(Internal and inbound traffic are not counted towards your bandwidth consumption).

Server can be moved over to your OVH nickhandle. Billing goes through us, we are able to accept: PayPal, Moneybookers, AlertPay and Bank Transfer.

Price: 49.95 EUR p/month (+ free setup).
Excl. 19% Dutch VAT - If you are from outside Europe no VAT will be charged.
Or you must be able to provide us with a valid VAT number.

If you are interested, feel free to drop me a PM.

IainK
27-05-2011, 19:33
Quote Originally Posted by Razakel
Leave them in the car park in a CCTV blind spot and wait for them to go walkies.
*laughs* i bet that wouldn't take long. but, without a heads up we would probably be left oblivious and some lucky french ppl walk away with the free kit ;/

Razakel
27-05-2011, 18:42
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
OVH are going to have a rash of older Kimsufis that are going to be dumped in favour of this new range, wonder what they'll do with it.
Leave them in the car park in a CCTV blind spot and wait for them to go walkies.

Myatu
27-05-2011, 18:36
At £250 for P+P on just a USB disk (http://www.ovh.co.uk/items/usb_disk.xml), I wouldn't be too quick to jump on that It would be cheaper to take a flight out to Roubaix and back again.

_Craigy
27-05-2011, 18:00
+1 for shipping the old servers.

I would pay for P&P as well

IainK
27-05-2011, 17:54
Quote Originally Posted by Iray
Sign me up to that idea. Just in case Oles and Neil have one of their wacky ideas and actually decide to mail old servers to their customers Heck I would not mind paying for P+P.
+1 for paying P&P and getting free kit

As optimistic as I am I really do not see this happening

Iray
27-05-2011, 17:38
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
I'd rather they sent me the old parts for better use I'd give them all a nice home.
Sign me up to that idea. Just in case Oles and Neil have one of their wacky ideas and actually decide to mail old servers to their customers Heck I would not mind paying for P+P.

Andy
27-05-2011, 14:38
I'd rather they sent me the old parts for better use I'd give them all a nice home.

IainK
27-05-2011, 14:37
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
OVH are going to have a rash of older Kimsufis that are going to be dumped in favour of this new range, wonder what they'll do with it.
I recon they make a huge bonfire with all the old kit and dance around it singing/shouting OVH!

Andy
27-05-2011, 14:36
Recycle parts that they can and/or I guess they will use the "better" CPU's in the lower end Kimsufi's so people get a nicer deal at no more expense.

Tz-OVH
27-05-2011, 14:35

Andy
27-05-2011, 14:30
Yeah. As I said, I don't blame anyone who would rather go with the new series. I know I certainly would at the cost of £50 setup.

mattyribbo
27-05-2011, 14:29
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Thought you'd say that You could have had this for free too since I know you. You know, mates rates and all that.
True, but i'd still be liable for the £60/month (minus Windows licence, I get that from MSDN) and £40 for an i5 sounds a tad more appealing.

Andy
27-05-2011, 08:58
Thought you'd say that You could have had this for free too since I know you. You know, mates rates and all that.

mattyribbo
27-05-2011, 02:42
Oh man I hate you, so tempted since I need to upgrade my celery stick.

When I get MSN working on my computer again I'll message you, only just picked up the one you sent on my phone

Edit: Scratch that, sorry. I've just seen the Kimsufi 2011 16G and well, no competition unfortunately.

Tz-OVH
26-05-2011, 22:27
You simply re-load the server with Linux and not pay for the Windows license anymore.

Andy
26-05-2011, 21:10
I have one of the older Kimsufi Q-1T's up for grabs before it expires on 30th.

Core2Quad Q6700 @ 2.66GHz
4GB RAM
1TB Hitachi HDD (no bad sectors)
100Mbps with 3TB B/W
Windows Server 2008 R2 Web Edition (x64)

Monthly Cost: £59.99
I will transfer it to anyone who wants it for £20 via Paypal.

I don't know if it's possible to drop the Windows license in favour of using Linux instead as I've never done it or looked into it before.

Someone may have to guide me on how to do that since I've never done it before either

Post here if you want it and e-mail me webmaster [ a t ] abyssunderground.co.uk with your NIC and your forum username. I will reply with the Paypal address.

In light of the newer range I can't see anyone wanting it, but the offer is there until it expires.