OVH Community, your new community space.

remote mysql access for plesk

yonatan
03-06-2011, 12:53
Quote Originally Posted by avizeke
thanks guys for the quick reply and posts back. it would seem that it may be better for me to get a vps instead for the main website aspects were aspects like this arnt so "fixed".

i never realised how much of a pain Plesk is.
I recommend DirectAdmin

avizeke
03-06-2011, 02:15
thanks guys for the quick reply and posts back. it would seem that it may be better for me to get a vps instead for the main website aspects were aspects like this arnt so "fixed".

i never realised how much of a pain Plesk is.

LawsHosting
02-06-2011, 23:19
If the access is only for one IP or a few, he can open/allow port 3360 only to that IP(s) only with iptables or the like.

marks
02-06-2011, 10:59
by default, mySQL is bound to the local loopback address (127.0.0.1) for security (open up mysql port to the internet it 'll make the database vulnerable to attacks).

Still, you should be able to do it. If it's not in the Plesk interface (I cannot confirm it right now, but I'll do later - I'm installing a Plesk test server), it should definitely be in the mysql configuration file (/etc/my.cnf depending on the distribution)

LawsHosting
02-06-2011, 10:38
Try

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-do...se-server.html

Razakel
02-06-2011, 01:51
Never used Plesk, but you can set that up using phpMyAdmin. You might need to open the MySQL port on the firewall (best to add a rule so only certain IPs/subnets can connect, though). Also bear in mind that doing this is generally a bad idea.

avizeke
02-06-2011, 00:01
Centos 5.6
Plesk 9.65

I current have these on a default setup with ovh... i am wanting enable remote mysql access, yet the mysql through plesk is setup as local.

i am unfortunately in deeper than i imagined here. i am hoping for help or i have to basically re assess a new os with a different panel.

any ideas here guys would be appreciated thank you