OVH Community, your new community space.

Brain Strain!! please help

marks
27-06-2011, 13:29
Quote Originally Posted by mastercode
hello all .. i have 2x servers and im having problems sharing data to usa ect.. do my servers need setting to unmeterd!! ... im new to this and any help would be great

thanks all
What's exactly the problem that you have with sharing to the US?

As it's been said here, on the new server ranges (OVH bought after 18/05/2011) , the unmettered models have normal priority on transit links, therefore full speed.

Any other server (with a monthly traffic restriction) will have full speed as long as it hasn't reached the month traffic cap. After that, 10Mbps. So, unless you're up for a lot of data, probably one of the new server should be enough.

Let us know more about your problem.

RapidSpeeds
27-06-2011, 01:06
That's the thing, so many people on so many different ranges these days. Can't really offer people accurate comparisons till we know what server they are on at the moment

Andy
19-06-2011, 21:02
Yeah, that's true. But I can't see this guy paying the extortionate prices for unmetered

Myatu
19-06-2011, 20:14
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Unmetered will result in WORSE speeds to USA (it's non-prioritised). You need regular bandwidth which is provided by non-unmetered servers.
Only on the pre-2011 ones though.

Andy
19-06-2011, 18:39
Unmetered will result in WORSE speeds to USA (it's non-prioritised). You need regular bandwidth which is provided by non-unmetered servers.

yonatan
19-06-2011, 16:44
Hello,
the only thing you need to do, in case you feel the connection is a bit slow for you, is a traceroute and send it to both ISP's in the US and to OVH , the noc will take care of it for you.

unmetered has nothing to do with speed.

mastercode
19-06-2011, 15:18
ive been told the option i need is "unmetered"

thanks

mastercode
19-06-2011, 15:00
hello all .. i have 2x servers and im having problems sharing data to usa ect.. do my servers need setting to unmeterd!! ... im new to this and any help would be great

thanks all