OVH Community, your new community space.

IP addresses

classified
24-06-2011, 20:54
Razakel, you didnt misunderstand, it was my fault I didnt realise I had the failover IPs, I thought I only had the one IP so was my mistake.
Thank you both for the quick replies.

marks
24-06-2011, 11:06
Quote Originally Posted by Razakel
Right, I misunderstood your first post then. I thought you had a server with only one failover.

All you need to do is go to IP Failover under Services in the manager, then click Add an IP Fail-Over. You can add three for no charge, and you can pick the country they're from. You'll need to specify what you're using them for, too.

You can configure them in Plesk under Server -> IP Addresses.
Yes, Razakel is right.

So, if you bought the server at the end of 2010, you have those 3 free IP failovers. If you need more, you can get RIPE IP blocks. The cost is one-off fee depending on the number of IPs plus a monthly charge of £15 (no matter how many IPs you buy).

Razakel
24-06-2011, 09:53
Quote Originally Posted by classified
hmm I did order the server only at the end of last year :/ looking in manager I see that it says I have 3 ip failovers but not using any of them. so that means I already have the other ips and would be able to use them? but how do I get plesk to see the other ips?
Right, I misunderstood your first post then. I thought you had a server with only one failover.

All you need to do is go to IP Failover under Services in the manager, then click Add an IP Fail-Over. You can add three for no charge, and you can pick the country they're from. You'll need to specify what you're using them for, too.

You can configure them in Plesk under Server -> IP Addresses.

classified
24-06-2011, 06:14
hmm I did order the server only at the end of last year :/ looking in manager I see that it says I have 3 ip failovers but not using any of them. so that means I already have the other ips and would be able to use them? but how do I get plesk to see the other ips?

Razakel
24-06-2011, 00:36
Quote Originally Posted by classified
Thanks for the reply, when you say "for some servers" which servers do you mean? specific types? or just random ones that are different?
By "some servers" I mean 2010 and 2011 servers excluding 2011 Kimsufis. So, really, I mean "most servers".

But since your server has one IP address it won't be one of those. All of them come with three IPs.

classified
23-06-2011, 20:54
Thanks for the reply, when you say "for some servers" which servers do you mean? specific types? or just random ones that are different?

Razakel
23-06-2011, 19:50
It's £1 a month plus VAT to add an IP. For some servers, you need to buy a RIPE block and the Professional Usage option, which is a one-off setup fee and £15 + VAT a month. If your server is 100mbit, you can have a maximum of 32 IPs.

Plesk probably has something to automatically configure a new IP on a server.

classified
23-06-2011, 18:43
Hi,
I have a dedicated server with just one IP and was thinking about getting another IP or maby a few more.
Can anybody tell me the prices for adding an IP to my server and how I would go about it, and would I need to change anything? or just select the new IP when making accounts in plesk.
Thanks for the help.