OVH Community, your new community space.

Multiple IPs and different uses

Myatu
29-07-2011, 19:14
Quote Originally Posted by classified
On a side note, does anyone know why it says RPS underneath my username?
It's just a little gimmick, kind of like "newbie" or "spends too much time here" The more posts, the larger the server-type becomes - the exception is official OVH staff.

classified
29-07-2011, 18:40
got it working, yes the server was set up to listen *:6667 so I changed it to listen ip:6667 and all works now, thanks for your help.

On a side note, does anyone know why it says RPS underneath my username?

marks
28-07-2011, 17:36
the server should be bound to listen to only one 1, not to all. Is thi sconfiguration possible with your IRC server?

classified
28-07-2011, 03:50
running Unreal ircd, I run my copy listening to port 6667 on my main IP (1.2.3.4). and the client wants to use his Unreal ircd to listen to port 6667 on the IP that I have set for his account (5.6.7.8), the problem is that when he attempts to connect to 5.6.7.8:6667 the connection is forwarded to 1.2.3.4:6667 and it connects to my Irc instead

Razakel
28-07-2011, 03:12
This sounds like a configuration issue. Your IRC server is probably set to listen on all available IP addresses - there'll be an option to change this in the config file.

What IRC server are you running?

classified
27-07-2011, 22:53
HI,
I posted a while ago about obtaining some more IPs for my dedicated server and was informed that I have 3 failover IPs to use.
I have set them up and have ran into a problem.
The IPs work fine if I want to assign one to a domain or user for their sole use.
But one of my clients wants to run an IRC server on their account and because I already run one on the server we have hit a wall.
Even though I have assigned them the other IP it still tries to connect to my server, not even looking for their server.
im guessing because thier IP is forwarding the data to the main IP.
Is there a way to use another IP seperate so we can solve this.
Thanks for the help in advance.
Classified.