OVH Community, your new community space.

IP unprotected

unclebob
29-08-2011, 17:49
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

What price you would be willing to pay if you were going to use the service?
Quite honestly, nothing. I think that those who need DDoS protection should pay for it rather than those who do not attract that type of behaviour.

Myatu
29-08-2011, 17:26
Personally, I find €5 quite reasonable. With the increased scarcity of IPv4 addresses, this "normal" price is bound to go up too...

Neil
29-08-2011, 16:24
Hi

What price you would be willing to pay if you were going to use the service?

unclebob
27-08-2011, 00:39
This is really great news, but €5 /month seems a bit steep...

oles@ovh.net
26-08-2011, 23:36
Hello,

Following the establishment of protection on the OVH network, we had a lot of positive feedback.
Customers are happy to suffer fewer attacks or see any at all.

But we have some customers who want the network as open as possible and therefore have no protection against attacks. Indeed,
the protections block very specific cases at the UDP layer, particularly at the high speed point to point VPN level, or file transfer protocols over UDP, and also IP to IP.

In this case, we decided to make a beta test "unprotected IP", i.e. IP failover with no protection at all. Open bar. To avoid customers using it for the wrong reasons and so that we do not end up with a badly protected network again, it was decided to offer it at 5 euro
ex-VAT per month per IP. That is a price low enough for these types of needs and high enough to avoid this being used for fun.

The beta will start next week.

Yours,

Octave