OVH Community, your new community space.

.fr mass infrustructure still?

Neil
30-12-2011, 10:58
This topic is not going anywhere now, so closed.

Thelen
30-12-2011, 06:57
What grave? The grave of being known to be honest and report things that are going on?

I'm not sure that is a bad thing :/

Winit
28-12-2011, 14:45
Quote Originally Posted by Kimsufi
If we are in the mood of reporting people, how about Thelen himself?
Let him continue to dig his own grave.

Thelen
27-12-2011, 23:56
How am I a hypocrite? I have reported all these problems to OVH they don't seem to care.

Including how anyone from anywhere in the world can get a .fr account with VAT removed...

Go back to your mummy and cry to her, no one here cares if you think I'm 'ruining' it for you.

Kimsufi
27-12-2011, 15:16
Your still a hypocrite.

Thelen
04-12-2011, 06:01
Will the issue of mass inf only applying to all servers with administrator contact set the same be fixed anytime soon?

Thelen
25-10-2011, 23:24
Well I thought the problem would be these people getting basically infinite amounts of bandwidth by abusing a flaw.

It should be easy enough to see if that is the case, you'll be able to see (in one persons case, for whom I started this thread) all the servers starting off with 1 NIC ID as the purchaser, and then moved to a new one each time (perhaps with a pattern, perhaps not. if he was smart he'd make it look like he's reselling them).

Should I still bother?

marks
25-10-2011, 11:58
Yes, definitely. Sent an email to abuse@ovh.net or customer support alongside with proofs that they are holding illicit material and our legal team will look at them. Without proofs we cannot break a customer's contract for breaking our terms and conditions, neither log into their servers.

Thelen
25-10-2011, 06:15
I'm guessing he discovered the flaw of mass infrastructure not applying if you simply move to another NIC.

He isn't balancing, they are being used for seedbox. If you want to know which customer it is (apart from the one I linked above) PM me.

marks
24-10-2011, 14:39
One way to do it would be with extra traffic.

7 EG SSD Max give you 140TB of monthly traffic if the traffic is properly balanced. To do around 1.3Gbps constantly over the month, you would be doing some 420TB, then you only need to pay for the difference, 280TB, which with the new prices, it's 249.20 + VAT in extra traffic per month.

The French bandwidth regime is limited to 200Mbps per infrastructure (aka all servers under the same nichandle, unless special conditions apply). So they wouldn't be able to do 1.3Gbps constantly over the whole month.

Thelen
24-10-2011, 13:41
For example: http://www.wjunction.com/9-dedicated...-36-mo-fr.html

Thelen
24-10-2011, 02:24
Apparently you can just transfer the server to a new nic (which doesn't need verification) and suddenly you're set?

Thelen
20-09-2011, 10:40
So I have come across someone with a set of servers that are doing quite a bit of bandwidth. Over 1.3Gbps total outgoing between 7 EG SSD Max.

I can't figure out how they are doing it for their prices.

Either they are getting metered and paying for the overages (unlikely, haven't seen a single server shaped and the averages show it should be quite a bit over).

Or maybe they are doing shaping on non-OVH traffic such that the BW lasts.

Or maybe they have .fr and the mass infrastructure has changed or doesn't apply, or something?

Does anyone have any ideas or more solid to go from?

Oh, and I heard the 10Gbit servers have been unmetered for a lot of people on and off for the past 6 months, anyone else experienced this?