OVH Community, your new community space.

First real test of MG 2011 BestOF

Nettus
19-10-2011, 23:10
If bluraymakulit is rude like that to members on the forums, I wounder what he's said to ovh staff via email.

With rudeness like that dont expect any help quick.

If you expect that speed, dig into your pockets for a free ££'s or simplay buy your own line, see how much thats gonna cost you Alot of cash!

Peoples answers are useless huh? Then why the hell are you posting on a public forum? have you heard of free speech? its a public forum, of course other members are going to help out, thats what this forum is here for?!?!

So put your neck back in, act calm and be happy

Speedy059
18-10-2011, 07:30
Isn't most streams done from memory, I know Wowza works that way. Can stream 10Gbps easily using a Wowza server as you aren't streaming to 1000's of people from the disk. The disk is only read lightly for the original stream, then streamed out to 1000's from the memory/buffer. You could even be able to use a slow IDE 5.3K drive for it if you really wanted to, as long as you had good memory.

The issue is that they simply can't guarantee 10Gbps for the price they are charging. Even though they advertise it, the pricing doesn't allow it. They probably have 48x 10G ports on each switch, with 1-2x 10Gbps uplinks. They don't want to give each switch more than that, or least shouldn't, as it wouldn't be economical and profitable. It's more profitable to do it the way they are, and guarantee 1-2Gbps with a chance to burst up to 10Gbps if your lucky.

I know, I know, it's not advertised as such, but it sounds like that's how they do it like all the other budget 10Gbps providers.

yonatan
07-10-2011, 16:44
2.5gbit mark sounds quite right for the disk I/O limitation.

I can push about 600-700 MB/sec on my 10G server before the disks start acting up ( but its an HG with multiple drives in raid-10 not only two.)

Have you checked your disk IO status before claiming network is the bottleneck?

simply dd something to the disk in rescue-pro to check out the disk max performance output.

Andy
04-10-2011, 18:49
No you're not.

zimsters
04-10-2011, 17:54
am I the only one who read op's post and was thinking "what an a**hole?"

Usually I sympathize with the customer but def not in this case.

Razakel
04-10-2011, 00:59
Quote Originally Posted by bluraymakulit
so explain why its says guaranteed................enough wasting my time on forum your answers are useless
I don't know why it says "guaranteed". Yes, it may be misleading.

Just because my answer is not what you want to hear does not make it useless.

NickW
04-10-2011, 00:01
Are you sure the network interface is the bottleneck?

Maxing out disk i/o? CPU?

bluraymakulit
03-10-2011, 20:51
Quote Originally Posted by Razakel
You are not going to get a guaranteed, dedicated 10 Gbps connection for 200 quid a month. It's not economically feasible at all.
so explain why its says guaranteed................enough wasting my time on forum your answers are useless

Myatu
03-10-2011, 19:35
no i don't recall seeing that on my order and besides ur not the person who i would believe since u don't work for ovh
You cannot expect that only official OVH employees will answer your question(s) on a public forum. If you insist on official answers only, then that's what the Customer Support is for (and yes, I've noticed you've already e-mailed them).

Nevertheless, if you look at the Terms and Conditions of either the MG or HG series (scroll down on the product page), you will find a link relating to Bandwidth: http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_serve...ve_hosting.xml

A similar similar clause to the bandwidth can also be found in the Terms and Conditions related to Dedicated Servers, with the following:

5.6 The Supplier cannot guarantee that the Dedicated Hosting Services will be maintained in the event the Customer’s usage of the bandwidth exceeds 101Mbps, although the Supplier shall use its reasonable endeavours to do so. This does not apply when the Customer has opted for the “VIP Service”, but in that event the Customer shall on demand provide evidence of compliance with the warranties contained in Conditions 5.1 (c) and 5.2 (a) of the General Conditions.

Razakel
03-10-2011, 17:38
Network
SwitchPort 10 Gbps
Guaranteed bandwidth: 10 Gbps
Traffic included
Traffic / month Unlimited **

and u might wanna read next time before u put in your 2 cents
You are not going to get a guaranteed, dedicated 10 Gbps connection for 200 quid a month. It's not economically feasible at all.

bluraymakulit
03-10-2011, 17:16
Bandwidth isn't guaranteed. Remember that you're sharing that 10Gbit with everyone else on your switch. If you actually want a 10Gbit dedicated connection, at the very least you're looking at something around the order of $10k a month.
Network
SwitchPort 10 Gbps
Guaranteed bandwidth: 10 Gbps
Traffic included
Traffic / month Unlimited **

and u might wanna read next time before u put in your 2 cents

bluraymakulit
03-10-2011, 17:12
Remember that you're sharing that 10Gbit with everyone else on your switch. .
no i don't recall seeing that on my order and besides ur not the person who i would believe since u don't work for ovh

Razakel
03-10-2011, 15:12
Bandwidth isn't guaranteed. Remember that you're sharing that 10Gbit with everyone else on your switch. If you actually want a 10Gbit dedicated connection, at the very least you're looking at something around the order of $10k a month.

bluraymakulit
03-10-2011, 09:08
Ok lets just start off by saying whats up with maxing out at 2gbit with 1600 viewers on my site @ 1500kbps? My line wasn't able to push the 2.5gbit mark, everyone just got timed out including me on my server.. i tried to submit a ticket and it says im not allowed more then one ticket open even tho i closed the other ticket i cant have this happen again.. here is a screen shot