OVH Community, your new community space.

Reinstallation Templates

Myatu
15-10-2011, 13:26
Yeah, you definitely don't want to make that a default thing, especially with custom scripts ("I'm using a super-secret password in my script, but now everyone knows it!").

If sharing via the OVH Manager makes it difficult for whatever reason, an export/import feature would do. If it's a "plain text" export, say an XML file, you could even post them on the OVH forums or something like Pastebin -- so that these exports can be used as a response to questions regarding custom partitioning, etc., which is quite common here.

Thelen
15-10-2011, 11:39
Making them public is a good idea, but *don't* have it appear in it by default, otherwise it'll just get full of thousands of rubbish ones :P Have it on a different screen "manage public templates" or something.

AshleyUk
15-10-2011, 00:36
Saw the feature never looked into, look's very good and handy feature.

Neil
14-10-2011, 17:58
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Did anyone notice them? That looks yummy, especially as you can use your own custom post-install scripts.

Now, would it be possible to make these templates "public" (ie., can you export the settings so people can share their templates?). That would make it really nice!
Hi

Great idea, I will see put that down as feedback.

Myatu
14-10-2011, 17:19
Did anyone notice them? That looks yummy, especially as you can use your own custom post-install scripts.

Now, would it be possible to make these templates "public" (ie., can you export the settings so people can share their templates?). That would make it really nice!