OVH Community, your new community space.

Paypal

Thelen
13-01-2012, 03:44
Surely its just copy paste from ovh.com?

Neil
12-01-2012, 11:29
Quote Originally Posted by Winit
we need paypal!
Hi

Yes we are aware of PayPal requests and we are looking into it.

Winit
11-01-2012, 13:27
we need paypal!

Thelen
11-12-2011, 23:08
Paypal sides with the seller far more often than buyer when it comes to servers and leased servers like this. I've had tens of disputes, most I win with saying nothing more than "service was delivered and as per TOS we do not refund. also it is a virtual service" or something.

Myatu
11-12-2011, 11:53
Never had any problems with PayPal, both as buyer and seller. Used them from when it was still X.com online banking.

It's just that these dispute resolutions need to be done to the letter, or else the favor "automatically" lies with the buyer. But this is the same with CCMs, probably even worse with their "shoot first, ask later" charge-backs.

But personally, I don't mind if OVH will start accepting PayPal, particularly if there's people asking for it. I don't think it'll increase the abuse of services any more than what OVH is already experiencing (given some dodgy domain name owner's names like "Homer J. Simpson" ).

RichardWnl
11-12-2011, 10:26
Quote Originally Posted by skegyuk
PayPal do not offer protection for buyers, so they will always side with the seller.
Not true.

Just think about unauthorized transactions and there are way more ways to fraud the system. PayPal can be a biatch at times.. intangible items or not.

skegyuk
06-12-2011, 15:55
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
Furthermore, I know CCs get chargebacks, but if OVH does roll out PayPal as a method to other subsidiaries, I'd be interested on the amount of chargebacks/etc they get.

I hear that if an item is digital (i.e. not actually a sent item), then PayPal will always side with the buyer. Who's to say someone could use PP to buy things, then weeks later, put a chargeback in?

I do use PP, since 2004, and had only had about 6 issues but I hear so many against PP

PayPal do not offer protection for buyers, so they will always side with the seller.

LawsHosting
28-10-2011, 18:40
Furthermore, I know CCs get chargebacks, but if OVH does roll out PayPal as a method to other subsidiaries, I'd be interested on the amount of chargebacks/etc they get.

I hear that if an item is digital (i.e. not actually a sent item), then PayPal will always side with the buyer. Who's to say someone could use PP to buy things, then weeks later, put a chargeback in?

I do use PP, since 2004, and had only had about 6 issues but I hear so many against PP

LawsHosting
28-10-2011, 18:28
Provider?
Three

Winit
28-10-2011, 14:22
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
When I tried to activate this mobile key security thing, I never got any activation code text messages! lol!
Provider?

RichardWnl
27-10-2011, 00:28
PayPal... I am sure it'll attract more buyers that love the ease of paying with PayPal. But on the flipside, it's going to cost a lot of money for all the chargebacks....

Each payment has to be manually verified to see if it comes from a verified/unverified account. On top of that, verified doesn't mean it's really verified.. adding a VCC could be enough for getting the ''verified status''.

And PayPal can accept chargebacks for the strangest reasons no matter what the size of your company is. But well on the other hand, OVH already accepts credit cards.. so if it makes a lot of difference? Probably not..

unclebob
26-10-2011, 23:45
I use the (free) Verisign VIP authenticator Android app for PayPal and eBay. Works like a dream

LawsHosting
26-10-2011, 23:06
When I tried to activate this mobile key security thing, I never got any activation code text messages! lol!

jonlewi5
26-10-2011, 20:59
Hmm that is interesting. I didnt realise they did that.

Winit
26-10-2011, 20:55
Quote Originally Posted by jonlewi5
Cant tell if sarcastic or genuine
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&...ityKey-outside

Thelen
25-10-2011, 23:29
I'm guessing in the trend of them reversing setups (apparently to curb spam, wonder how that went... :P) they are now further moving down the path of hosting for illicit users? Who knows maybe they got a good deal with paypal :/

jonlewi5
25-10-2011, 21:40
Yeah im not a paypal fan at all. But i guess it is down to personal preference.

lewis4490
25-10-2011, 21:21
Same Jon,

I personally do not like paypal or ebay - since they merged they got worse.

jonlewi5
25-10-2011, 19:10
PayPal is awesome and has two factor authentication. Bring it on.
Cant tell if sarcastic or genuine

Winit
25-10-2011, 18:50
PayPal is awesome and has two factor authentication. Bring it on.

lewis4490
25-10-2011, 15:56
Why the hell would you use PayPal they are a bad option for payments.

S0phie
25-10-2011, 15:09
We are still testing Paypal at ovh.com, once the process is finalised, we will implement Paypal in Eurozone, and then UK...

Eurozone (ovh.ie) should be ready by the end of the year. But for UK it will be in 2012 (I prefer to give large time frame to avoid any disappointment )

RikT
25-10-2011, 14:23
Any idea when ovh.co.uk or ovh.ie are gonna start taking Paypal as i have just noticed ovh.com now accepts payment through paypal now