OVH Community, your new community space.

ESXI on Kimsufi 2g

Trojan
26-10-2011, 23:39
nvm

Blackangel
26-10-2011, 19:04
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Proxmox, you can run OpenVZ containers. Yes the KVM may not wotk with the CPU, but OpenVZ does.

VMware Server 2.0 we did not like, found it buggy and unstable but have stuck with 1.0.

For Esxi it is different since it is own OS, and it does not run on all the 2G servers and also does 5.0 does not like Sandybridge CPUs. so it is not available either on any of the Kimsufi servers.
Why ovh not give all customers esxi with note can't not works on all 2g servers, Citrix xenserver not works at all on 2g and still is in installation panel. Like i have 3GHz cpu on my 2g and can't install esxi and my cpu can works with esxi

DanM248
26-10-2011, 18:35
My Kimsufi 2G has VT but it aint enabled in Bios. how do i enable it?

Neil
26-10-2011, 15:04
Quote Originally Posted by Blackangel
Please check before you write something :P
Citrix XenServer is in installation panel and all 2g servers not have compatible cpu with flag VMX :P VPS Proxmox 1.9 also need flag vmx :P and ovh guarantee for this and not guarantee for esxi is little bit stupid :P
Vmware is compatibly with all CPU only is in old version 1.0, in 2009 vmware release new version 2.0.2 tested by me from rescue mode works fine :P
Proxmox, you can run OpenVZ containers. Yes the KVM may not wotk with the CPU, but OpenVZ does.

VMware Server 2.0 we did not like, found it buggy and unstable but have stuck with 1.0.

For Esxi it is different since it is own OS, and it does not run on all the 2G servers and also does 5.0 does not like Sandybridge CPUs. so it is not available either on any of the Kimsufi servers.

Blackangel
26-10-2011, 14:30
Quote Originally Posted by Abdurrahman
The reason why we don't offer ESXi or XenServer on the 2G is because the 2G is made up of older components - and we cannot guarantee that the components will be capable of running VM's, and as such we do not support any of the software that may not be able to run on the hardware.
Please check before you write something :P
Citrix XenServer is in installation panel and all 2g servers not have compatible cpu with flag VMX :P VPS Proxmox 1.9 also need flag vmx :P and ovh guarantee for this and not guarantee for esxi is little bit stupid :P
Vmware is compatibly with all CPU only is in old version 1.0, in 2009 vmware release new version 2.0.2 tested by me from rescue mode works fine :P

Abdurrahman
26-10-2011, 14:14
The reason why we don't offer ESXi or XenServer on the 2G is because the 2G is made up of older components - and we cannot guarantee that the components will be capable of running VM's, and as such we do not support any of the software that may not be able to run on the hardware.

Blackangel
26-10-2011, 13:45
Hi what is not compatible ?? CPU ?? I HAVE IN MY KIMSUFI CPU 2 x 3GHz INTEL PENTIUM is not celeron or atom !!!
Citrix also is not compatible because cpu not have flags, and still is in installation menager :P

vmware-server works, why ovh not update vmware to version 2.0.2 ??

Neil
26-10-2011, 10:17
Quote Originally Posted by Trojan
Both ESXi and xenserver are no longer available as an installation option on the cheaper kimsufi such as 2G because it does not support (hardware?) raid.

And propably to make a difference between cheaper kimsufi and more expensive OVH servers, so they push users who want to virtualize to the more expensive OVH servers.
Hi

Its is the hardware, Vmware Esxi cannot run on the CPUs. We offer all the operating systems we can, if certain ones are not listed, it is because of the operating system not being compatible.

Blackangel
26-10-2011, 00:10
right still we can install vmware-server 2.0.2

Only better way is esxi Like i say before, my CPU is 3 GHz on my kimsufi 2G

Trojan
25-10-2011, 22:18
Both ESXi and xenserver are no longer available as an installation option on the cheaper kimsufi such as 2G because it does not support (hardware?) raid.

And propably to make a difference between cheaper kimsufi and more expensive OVH servers, so they push users who want to virtualize to the more expensive OVH servers.

Blackangel
25-10-2011, 21:25
Hi i try put esxi on my server from vkvm mode and stuck on black screen and with left top corner is _

Is any other way to install esxi on kimsufi ??
I know ESXI not support kimsufi 2g, only i have CPU 2x3GHz intel pentium 4 is not celeron 1.2

Best Regards
Lucas