OVH Community, your new community space.

"VIP Support" Anyone using it?

Neil
07-11-2011, 14:29
Quote Originally Posted by _Lemon_
It looks a lot like Leaseweb's SLA; possibly better in that it might be able to do more, possibly worse in that it's not very well defined.

What does "Priority treatment ... By a system engineer" mean? My tickets are looked at and answered before any non-VIP tickets? How is it prioritised?

How does this compare to "Interventions outside the guarantee" (which guarantee?). If you can provide < 15 minute response times to outside of the guarantee, what about inside? What's the £232 quotation? (Cost to get a quote to do something outside of 9-6?)

I think the value of the VIP comes down to what "Priority treatment" means. If the engineer on call at 3am can do stuff like bring a server online regardless of what's happened to it (e.g. OVH billing takes it down erroneously) then yes, it's probably good

Compared to Leaseweb's SLA of < 1 hour response time at 360 /month (180 if you have a few servers), it's probably a good deal.

Has anyone actually had any experience with it?
Hi

Sorry, I am not sure how this was missed. So your incident tickets are the top priority when opened, above OVH Servers, and then Kimsufi (at the bottom). They are right at the top in the interface for us

The guarantee is just the SLA, if you want urgent treatment then you can phone the incident team and you pay £232 and an engineer will be on the case. This is refunded if it is an OVH (Like hardware) issue, if it is not then the money is not refunded and if it is more than 1 hour fixing then there maybe be an additional charge.

Hope that helps.

_Lemon_
04-11-2011, 15:00
It looks a lot like Leaseweb's SLA; possibly better in that it might be able to do more, possibly worse in that it's not very well defined.

What does "Priority treatment ... By a system engineer" mean? My tickets are looked at and answered before any non-VIP tickets? How is it prioritised?

How does this compare to "Interventions outside the guarantee" (which guarantee?). If you can provide < 15 minute response times to outside of the guarantee, what about inside? What's the £232 quotation? (Cost to get a quote to do something outside of 9-6?)

I think the value of the VIP comes down to what "Priority treatment" means. If the engineer on call at 3am can do stuff like bring a server online regardless of what's happened to it (e.g. OVH billing takes it down erroneously) then yes, it's probably good

Compared to Leaseweb's SLA of < 1 hour response time at 360 /month (180 if you have a few servers), it's probably a good deal.

Has anyone actually had any experience with it?

AdamD
26-10-2011, 22:44
Noticed one of the reps here posting about VIP support

http://www.ovh.co.uk/support/vip_sup...nformation.xml

Just wondering if anyone here is using the service or not?

I'm a little confused as to what this bit means:

Quotation £232.00

So does that mean they charge you £232 to fix something if it breaks?