OVH Community, your new community space.

ip issue

marks
24-11-2011, 17:01
this issue is being discussed already:

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4527

It's not a problem with your particular IP, there is a network block affected. We're working on it

mcreedy
24-11-2011, 13:18
Quote Originally Posted by marks
But OVH cannot change the IPs everytime they are blacklisted, if that's what you are suggesting.
But my point is I think you have sold me an ip block that was already on the Youtube blacklist before it was issued to me.

What I am suggesting is OVH issue me with an ip block that is not on any blacklist.

marks
15-11-2011, 10:31
Have you contacted them to see what's the procedure to remove the IPs from the blacklist?

It could be that what you say is the case, but still the IPs have to be removed from the blacklist. There are millions of servers out there that they can decide to blacklist any IP for whatever reason. It's unfortunate but it happens.

If the site takes seriously these issues, it'll offer a way to remove the blacklist. If that process requires the ISP to confirm that the IP is assigned to a single user or anything similar, we can do so. Just let us know.

That's how this issue should be sorted. If there are other ways, I don't know. But OVH cannot change the IPs everytime they are blacklisted, if that's what you are suggesting.

mcreedy
15-11-2011, 09:09
Hi,

I'm looking for some help please.
I've raised this issue with your support, but looking at their responses, they don't seem to understand the problem.

I'm trying to view some videos on YouTube and getting captcha each time. It seems my ip's are blacklisted by YouTube.

I found another OVH customer who had the same issue last year.

It seems someone on the OVH network was abusing YouTube so YouTube decided to blacklist the IP entire block (not just the single IP of the user who was abusing their network)

The other OVH customer had another IP address on the same server which was on another block and from which he could access YouTube.

You can read more about it here:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...445e4249&hl=en

So my problem is, imo all the ip addresses I rent from you, were already blacklisted by Youtube before I even purchased them from you.

I haven't used Youtube sinse renting this server, I couldnt becuase the captcha issue was already there as soon as I tried to view one video.

I've been renting dedicated servers for a few years now with various companies and I've never had any ip's blacklisted by Youtube.

I understand you cant remove blacklisted ip blocks from Youtube, perhaps that is what your support thought I was asking, but you can give me fresh ip addresses that are from a different ip block and one that is not on any blacklists.

Regards
Mcreedy