OVH Community, your new community space.

Backup to OVH ftp using bridge mode ?

ictdude
24-11-2011, 23:28
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

If you send an email to customersupport@ovh.co.uk with the IP/RIPE FailOvers Addresses you wanted added to the FTP Backup then we can do it (obviously it has to be IP Addresses routed to the server).
Okay thanx Neil. That is much better then to work around.
So then if i have 2 servers. I can always route it to the first and second So i can give one RIPE access to maybe 2 ftp backups.
Because i can switch them from one to the other. Great ...

Then i use one IP give this ip accesses to both ftp. (Have 2 servers)
And route the IP if needed from 1st to 2nd server .. ...

Myatu
22-11-2011, 18:54
Quote Originally Posted by yonatan
is that available from SOAPI yet?? i didn't find a document about this , only this:

http://www.ovh.com/soapi/en/?method=...edBackupFtpAdd
Isn't that to just activate FTP backup for a host? French naming conventions Otherwise, that'd be the way to go then... A proper ACL would be even better, yes. Really shouldn't be that hard to implement at OVH's side, if they can add RIPE/Failover's on request already

Neil
22-11-2011, 12:42
Hi

If you send an email to customersupport@ovh.co.uk with the IP/RIPE FailOvers Addresses you wanted added to the FTP Backup then we can do it (obviously it has to be IP Addresses routed to the server).

yonatan
21-11-2011, 22:48
The better solution would be to add an ACL on the backup ftp box.

this sounds like a PRO option,
is that available from SOAPI yet?? i didn't find a document about this , only this:

http://www.ovh.com/soapi/en/?method=...edBackupFtpAdd

ictdude
21-11-2011, 20:28
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Your server IP should always be the one visible to the OVH FTP server, unless you've configured it differently. But if you mean from within a VM that uses a failover IP, and use that to access the OVH FTP server, then no, you would have to find an alternative method.
Yes with in a VM using a RIPE IP or failover IP. Thats what i was afraid off.

Workaround:

Will use a OpenVZ who is already using the main IP of server as gateway.
Then install ptpp on this OpenVZ and route all traffic for ftp using Dnat.

Thnx Myatu for the quick reply

Myatu
21-11-2011, 19:47
Your server IP should always be the one visible to the OVH FTP server, unless you've configured it differently. But if you mean from within a VM that uses a failover IP, and use that to access the OVH FTP server, then no, you would have to find an alternative method.

ictdude
21-11-2011, 18:17
What is the best way to connect to your OVH ftp backup
when you are using bridge mode ? So with a virtual mac address ?

Normally only your server IP will be accepted. When using virtual mac
Not the IP of your dedicated server will be used. But the

IP: x.x.x. 254 address as a gateway. Before using virtual mac you
could route the IP using Dnat. How should you us it now ?