OVH Community, your new community space.

RIPE requires pro usage?

Thelen
26-11-2011, 00:32
Ah cool subblocks, that makes it good.

marks
24-11-2011, 17:15
@_Lemon_: good point! that's another way to assign IP:

http://www.ovh.com/soapi/en/?method=...ailoverRipeAdd

_Lemon_
24-11-2011, 17:09
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
Is there a quicker way to assign them vs 1 at a time?
Yes, you should totally build something cool via their API to do this.

marks
24-11-2011, 15:55
RIPE blocks can be assigned in 1 go or in subblocks. And for IP failovers, yes, they must be assigned 1 at a time.

What are you thinking about exactly?

Thelen
23-11-2011, 23:17
Cool. I thought that would be the case.

Is there a quicker way to assign them vs 1 at a time?

marks
23-11-2011, 11:57
I'm not sure what happens if you ever let the original server go with the RIPE IPs, I presume all servers then lose their RIPE IPs.
Once the IPs (RIPE block or individual) is moved to another server, it belongs to that one. If the original server is cancelled, the IP stays with the new server.

Thelen
23-11-2011, 02:50
From my testing of failover, once the IP is assigned it belongs to that server. RIPE seems to read like it is assigned to the nickhandle rather than any server. You just order it from a server with pro.

_Lemon_
23-11-2011, 01:30
You buy the RIPE IPs and they belong to a particular server which requires professional usage. After that you allocate IPs from that server's pool (with the ability to split it into smaller networks) to other servers which require the professional usage option.

So to answer your question: yes.

I'm not sure what happens if you ever let the original server go with the RIPE IPs, I presume all servers then lose their RIPE IPs.

Thelen
23-11-2011, 01:24
Do you only require pro usage on the 1st server where you get the RIPE IPs or do you need it on every server you are going to use the IPs on?

It seems annoying to have to pay 15GBP/euro to get pro if you only need say 4 extra IPs (only 3 from failover..), or did I see correctly you can buy IPs 1euro per, without having pro? (this i saw on kimsufi server).