OVH Community, your new community space.

Please answer this someone who knows this..??

marks
07-12-2011, 10:58
First of all, just as overall comment: when changing ownership, the best is to follow the procedure, so the legal ownership will changed:

https://www.ovh.co.uk/cgi-bin/en/pro...hangeOwner.cgi

you still need to change the other contacts, but this is better to do this too.

1. Suppose Person 1 owns 10 servers and suddenly he sells off the company to other person. In this case, the new owner Person 2 will need the Admin, billing & tech access for the servers..

Now in this case.
Can the PERSON 2(new buyer) just sign up for OVH NIC, the Person 1(seller) changes all contracts inside for the servers, so the servers now appear in the Person 2 NIC. Is this possible..?
Obviously, if you have access to the manager with Person 1's nichandle, you can do everything.

Normally, person 1 would add person 2's nichandle as admin, tech and billing for the servers.

I hope you meant "contacts" and not "contracts"

Can the Person 2 continue using those servers and pay the same billing, does this depend on Person 2 country whether VAT will be included or not, will he be able to pay for billing at past prices or not, and will he be able to pay the bills.?
This is not a method to jump the limitation of countries where you can order from. You still need to be able to pay from one of the countries OVH operates in. If we don't operate in that country, no renewal is possible, least VAT.

Does the other NIC need to be from same country to avoid issues..??
It could be from another country we operate on, and then you can renew there.

Again, it's better that to change the nichandle through procedure.

What is the best method by which this is possible..??

2. A friend of mine from India, went ahead placed an order with FR servers, the invoice included VAT,so he emailed to OVH saying he is from India and sent a passport scan as proof, OVH replied that ONLY companies are exempted from paying VAT is they are outside EU.

Does anyone have any info, what kind of docs are needed by OVH to process this..??
And how is this possible.
at the moment, we can accept orders from the rest of the world from ovh.com, but it's a limited test period. You'll have to deal directly with ovh.ie and they will inform you.

3. Another thing is I have seen People from Israel buying with OVH FR and exempted from VAT, how is this remotely possible with people from Israel and not from India..??

If James can answer this, i will be grateful to him for this.
It's a limited test period. We'll go live in a few month time. At the moment, each account will be checked manually one-by-one by ovh.ie

Hope it helps

myheadrocking
07-12-2011, 02:59
Ok i want to ask few things here :

1. Suppose Person 1 owns 10 servers and suddenly he sells off the company to other person. In this case, the new owner Person 2 will need the Admin, billing & tech access for the servers..

Now in this case.

• Can the PERSON 2(new buyer) just sign up for OVH NIC, the Person 1(seller) changes all contracts inside for the servers, so the servers now appear in the Person 2 NIC. Is this possible..?
  • Can the Person 2 continue using those servers and pay the same billing, does this depend on Person 2 country whether VAT will be included or not, will he be able to pay for billing at past prices or not, and will he be able to pay the bills.?
  • Does the other NIC need to be from same country to avoid issues..??

What is the best method by which this is possible..??

2. A friend of mine from India, went ahead placed an order with FR servers, the invoice included VAT,so he emailed to OVH saying he is from India and sent a passport scan as proof, OVH replied that ONLY companies are exempted from paying VAT is they are outside EU.

Does anyone have any info, what kind of docs are needed by OVH to process this..??
And how is this possible.

3. Another thing is I have seen People from Israel buying with OVH FR and exempted from VAT, how is this remotely possible with people from Israel and not from India..??

If James can answer this, i will be grateful to him for this.

Regards