OVH Community, your new community space.

Loyalty points expiry

Neil
04-01-2012, 18:38
Hi

£1 / €1 is 100 points.

Andy
04-01-2012, 17:45
100 points to €1 if I remember rightly.

Trojan
04-01-2012, 17:40
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
When you have enough the box will appear to pay points, but if you are a bit short you can credit your account with the difference.
How much points is €1?

Winit
03-01-2012, 17:45
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
When you have enough the box will appear to pay points, but if you are a bit short you can credit your account with the difference.
I don't think that's necessary any more. I have been able to deduct X amount from an order using points.

Neil
03-01-2012, 11:23
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
I didn't see the option to use my points until I had enough to cover the entire order.

Tz-OVH
02-01-2012, 21:07
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
So what about those who have put money on their accounts? Do those expire, or only the ones you have given us as real loyalty points?

I also noticed you can partially pay for your orders now with points, which you couldn't do before.
I didn't see the option to use my points until I had enough to cover the entire order.

Andy
02-01-2012, 15:44
So what about those who have put money on their accounts? Do those expire, or only the ones you have given us as real loyalty points?

I also noticed you can partially pay for your orders now with points, which you couldn't do before.

Neil
02-01-2012, 15:43
Hi

The reason that the points have to be used is due to accountancy reasons, it becomes an issue if these points get carried over year after year. You still have got a month to use them, so I hope this is enough to use them.

Neil

gregoryfenton
01-01-2012, 23:14
hmmm transferable points.. that would be a nice idea

Shame I can't see it happening though

Tz-OVH
01-01-2012, 23:00
It's probably happenning because they must be sitting on a mountain of points that people aren't using or don't know they have or aren't able to use since they don't have enough. But collectively it means OVH can lose a massive amount of cash if lots of people start using it, so might as well make them expire versus leave them evergreen.

Andy
01-01-2012, 21:47
I also did not know anything about points expiring, they haven't any year up until now and I've been using OVH for several years now.

Someone from OVH please explain why this is happening and why we haven't been notified.

Myatu
01-01-2012, 17:43
Never knew those points actually expired. That's new?

AshleyUk
01-01-2012, 15:08
Hello,

If you read the email states you have until 30th Jan 2012, 30 days to spend the points that you have remaining that you earnt in 2010 year, and could use in 2011. They have extra gave you 30 day's warning.

You can use them now to just increase the expiry on any of your product and don't then need to worry about using them by the 30th and losing them.

,Ashley

Tz-OVH
01-01-2012, 00:55
I got this email as the year ended and it seems to say 2 things

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: You have XXX bonus points left from 2010 that need to be used before the 30th of January 2012!

OVH 2 rue Kellermann 59100 Roubaix
Technical support: 08.99.70.17.61 (€1.349/call + €0.337/min)
Commercial support: 08.20.32.03.63 (€0.118/min)
Fax: 03.20.20.09.58
support@ovh.com

Dear Customer,

In 2010, our loyalty scheme allowed you to earn XXX bonus points.

These bonus points expire at the end of 2011 and as a result, will soon no longer be valid.

You only have a few days left to take advantage of them for a new order or a service renewal.

Reminder: on the page where payment methods are displayed, you will find the following:

- if you have enough points to pay for all of your order, a button "Pay this order with my OVH account"

- if you don't have enough points, you will be able to credit your account with the difference in the OVH Manager, under My Services, Loyalty scheme and Credit your account.

Reminder: your client ID (nichandle) is: XXX

You can check the amount of points you have left in your customer interface (manager) by clicking on the following link:
http://www.ovh.com/managerv3

In 2012, you have XXX remaining bonus points acquired with your 2011 orders.

On behalf of all of us at OVH, we wish you a very Happy New Year.

The OVH Team.

OVH Customer Support

>From Monday to Friday: 8am - 8pm
Saturday: 9am- 5.30pm
a) the loyalty points I have expire at the end of 2011...which is pretty much NOW
b) the loyalty points need to be used before Jan 30th 2012

Not sure which one it is? I would like to use my loyalty points...but it'd help if OVH gave more than a minutes notice, since I got the email once it already hit 2012.

http://imgur.com/TCq3w

http://help.ovh.co.uk/loyaltyScheme <-- Nothing on the help pages about points expiring.

Another user I know has 1900 points, so he's also curious whether he's going to lose it all (or already lost it???) once it turns 2012 in France.