OVH Community, your new community space.

Can you route our own RIPE IPs

ovhfreak
09-02-2012, 16:01
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
AS16276
Can we use AS26491 instead ?

Neil
09-02-2012, 09:57
Quote Originally Posted by ovhfreak
Thanks for the info.
But I also need the AS number. What is OVH AS number to use when creating a route object for our IPs ?
AS16276

Quote Originally Posted by alex
any reason why?
Because they are only 100Mbps switches they can handle less IPs.

alex
08-02-2012, 22:05
Generally, we have a limitation on number of IPs per server:
-32 IPs for 100Mbps servers
any reason why?

ovhfreak
08-02-2012, 20:20
Thanks for the info.
But I also need the AS number. What is OVH AS number to use when creating a route object for our IPs ?

Neil
08-02-2012, 17:04
Can you please tell me who will create Route Object entry into RIPE database for our PI block ?

Will OVH support will do after routing it to our servers or we will need to do it our own ?
Hi

You need to change the Route to OVH-MNT, we cannot do this you will need to do it yourself, to prove you have the rights to the IPs

ovhfreak
08-02-2012, 16:48
Can you please tell me who will create Route Object entry into RIPE database for our PI block ?

Will OVH support will do after routing it to our servers or we will need to do it our own ?

ovhfreak
27-01-2012, 03:17
OVH support told me that we can use these IPs only on OVH 1Gbit servers and NOT on kimsufi servers.

zimsters
19-01-2012, 16:51
re: PI blocks, we had done this on our box. the servers would not open any yahoo site - traffic was dying on some new york router of ovh.

never got to the bottom of it, and ovh wanted to charge me another £100 to remove the pi block from being advertised...

ovhfreak
19-01-2012, 11:04
I can see I can move IPs between kimsufi servers (may be because they don't have a Professional Pack option).

I think, to move IPs between OVH 1Gbit server, I will need to use Professional Pack even if the IPs are my own RIPE LIR IPs..

Thelen
14-01-2012, 03:42
From what I can tell in my interface yea :/

3r1c
14-01-2012, 02:19
Do you still need professional use option on each server to use the IPs if you get your own Ripe LIR?

Thelen
13-01-2012, 03:46
Quote Originally Posted by Razakel
You could automate this quite easily with SOAPI.
Sure, you can automate anything if you want. But I would suggest there are many many OVH customers that can't code, and don't want to pay thousands for someone to do it, when OVH could do it.

ovhfreak
12-01-2012, 20:56
Quote Originally Posted by marks
If it's about moving/re-routing blocks between OVH servers, no.
Can I route this IPs to my kimsufi servers too, which are present under my OVH Manager ? Or just servers with Professional Pack ?

Razakel
11-01-2012, 18:16
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
Yes that is my point. 20+ servers with the block, moving 1 ip with about 5 clicks... a pain!

I understand how tough it is to do, so perhaps it will require 2 modes, per ip and per block, but if OVH wants to develop as a company even more, this is something VPS providers for example would LOVE!
You could automate this quite easily with SOAPI.

marks
11-01-2012, 16:52
Suppose I have 8 servers with OVH.
I route my PI RIPE block (my own RIPE LIR IPs) (4 blocks of 256 IPs each) to 4 servers and pays the one time setup fees.

after a month, I need to route 4 blocks of 256 IPs to remaining 4 servers (My Own RIPE LIR IPs), will I need to pay the setup charges ?

Regards,
Vikas Saini
if you're talking to route 4 new blocks apart from the previous 4 into OVH, then yes. If it's about moving/re-routing blocks between OVH servers, no. Capiche?

ovhfreak
11-01-2012, 13:15
Suppose I have 8 servers with OVH.
I route my PI RIPE block (my own RIPE LIR IPs) (4 blocks of 256 IPs each) to 4 servers and pays the one time setup fees.

after a month, I need to route 4 blocks of 256 IPs to remaining 4 servers (My Own RIPE LIR IPs), will I need to pay the setup charges ?

Neil
11-01-2012, 12:30
You mean even if I'm a customer at OVH.de, my servers are not located in germany and they are actually physically located in France ?

Quite surprising for me !

I thought my servers are hosted at some OVH Germany datacenter,

I've no issues with france servers, I just didn't know the fact,
That is correct, they are all hosted in our own datacentres in France.

ovhfreak
11-01-2012, 12:16
Quote Originally Posted by 3r1c
All of OVH's servers are physically located in France.
You mean even if I'm a customer at OVH.de, my servers are not located in germany and they are actually physically located in France ?

Quite surprising for me !

I thought my servers are hosted at some OVH Germany datacenter,

I've no issues with france servers, I just didn't know the fact,

Thelen
11-01-2012, 11:15
Yes that is my point. 20+ servers with the block, moving 1 ip with about 5 clicks... a pain!

I understand how tough it is to do, so perhaps it will require 2 modes, per ip and per block, but if OVH wants to develop as a company even more, this is something VPS providers for example would LOVE!

marks
11-01-2012, 10:15
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
Marks, you guys still really do need to improve IP management though, I can't imagine having to click thousands of times to move each 256 block to the other server or whatever :/
As long as you have the block, you can move IPs together with one click. That's the point of having a block, it's easy to move. If you split the block, to be able to move IPs will take a bit longer.

That's how it's meant to work now, but I pass your suggestion to our developers anyway.

Thelen
11-01-2012, 03:11
Ah cool OVH finally enabled this for servers as well as colo, very nice

Marks, you guys still really do need to improve IP management though, I can't imagine having to click thousands of times to move each 256 block to the other server or whatever :/

3r1c
11-01-2012, 02:54
Thanks for your prompt response.

One more thing, If I have an account with OVH.DE (Germany), can I buy servers in france ?
Or do I need to stick to my germany servers at ovh.de ?
All of OVH's servers are physically located in France.

ovhfreak
10-01-2012, 15:07
Thanks for your prompt response.

One more thing, If I have an account with OVH.DE (Germany), can I buy servers in france ?
Or do I need to stick to my germany servers at ovh.de ?

marks
10-01-2012, 12:44
1024 IPs to a single server could be too much

Generally, we have a limitation on number of IPs per server:
-32 IPs for 100Mbps servers
-512 IPs for 1Gbps/10Gbps servers

Ideally, we would like you to assign subblocks, say 256 IPs server or 512 max. I say 256 IPs because afterwards, you can move IPs around between your servers , so you want to leave some space.

This limitation is because the switches we use have this limit for optimal use.

So, if you're planning to use several servers, it would be best to route 4 blocks of 256 to 4 different servers. The price will be the same , only £100 for all 4 subblocks.

ovhfreak
10-01-2012, 11:55
Great !.
Ok, suppose I route a PI Block of 1024 IPs to my server.
Can I use some IPs on server 1, some on server 2 and some or server 3 and so on ??

As you can understand I won't be using all these IPs on a single server, what I actually want is to route a big block to my OVH Manager and then later use the required number of IPs on needed server.

Can this be done ?

Also, do you provide colocation services ?

marks
10-01-2012, 11:15
Hi,
We have just applied for a RIPE LIR Membership and we would like to know if you can route our own RIPE IPs to our OVH Servers/OVH Manager ??

Regards,
yes, you can route a PI block to your OVH server, and it's got a one-off cost of £100.

When you're ready to do it, you can contact the support to set it up.

Thelen
09-01-2012, 23:04
Not for normal servers, but I believe you can with colocation.

ovhfreak
09-01-2012, 21:47
Hi,
We have just applied for a RIPE LIR Membership and we would like to know if you can route our own RIPE IPs to our OVH Servers/OVH Manager ??

Regards,