OVH Community, your new community space.

Nameserver glue records...

Andy
22-01-2012, 11:22
I just answered your other topic regarding this. http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5903

takefocus
22-01-2012, 10:41
Hi Thelen.

The domain is registered with OVH. I just transferred it from godaddy.

I thought i'd be able to do all this easily, but I guess because it's transfered as a regualr domain, and I have other domains using ns1.domainserver.com and ns2.takefocus-ns.com as the nameservers, I'm risking downtime.

When I go to Management of Glue Registries in OVH manager, I try to add ns1 to domainserver.com, and put the ip address of my dedicated server and I get the message:

"You should declare at least a 'A' field on your dns zone for hostname ns1.domainserver.com in order register this hostname on each registries".

I have nowhere to define the A record though. If I did this in my own DNS server, it would create a loop, so needs Glue registry.

That's how i understand it anyway!... just not sure how to get it working.

Thelen
22-01-2012, 10:24
Where is the domain registered? There should be an option to register nameserver/glue record. There you put in ns1... IP.IP.IP.IP etc. You shouldn't do it for OVH nameservers as they change.

Come to think of it, what do you want to do?

takefocus
22-01-2012, 09:27
Hi.

I'm a bit stuck with the setup of nameserver domains and hope someone can give me some assistance?...

I've registered a domain - example - "nameserver.com".

I wish to create ns1. and ns2.nameserver.com to resolve to my dedicated server (primary) and ovh (secondary) dns servers.

What is it exactly that I need to do with nameserver.com for this to work?... I've seen something about glue records?

I'm not sure what i should be putting for the DNS records and Glue Records section on ovh maanger for this domain, or if there's anything else i need to configure on my dns server?

Really appreciate any help with this.

Cheers,
Rob