OVH Community, your new community space.

VAT removal discrepencies?

Pipert
08-06-2012, 14:23
Quote Originally Posted by Pipert
Hi S0phie,

Thanks I've now sent an email to support@ovh.ie.
All good now and VAT has been removed.

Pipert
06-06-2012, 04:16
Hi S0phie,

Thanks I've now sent an email to support@ovh.ie.

S0phie
05-06-2012, 13:07
It's been over 48 hours and I'm wondering if anyone has received my email at OVH? I sent an email with my proof of address and my order number but still haven't received any updates/replies.

Thanks
Your request is in the wrong forum You need to chase our IE support for that: http://www.ovh.ie/

OVH UK only deals with UK orders, IE deals with the rest of the world (for non-French speakers)

Pipert
05-06-2012, 12:43
Quote Originally Posted by K.Kode
Yesterday and today in UK is bank holiday
Thanks mate for the heads up Although I thought I was dealing with their French team

K.Kode
05-06-2012, 12:34
Yesterday and today in UK is bank holiday

Pipert
05-06-2012, 12:20
I'm from Australia and I've emailed preuve.paiement@ovh.net with my proof of address

NIC Handle: sm114653-ovh

Thanks!
It's been over 48 hours and I'm wondering if anyone has received my email at OVH? I sent an email with my proof of address and my order number but still haven't received any updates/replies.

Thanks

Pipert
03-06-2012, 10:00
I'm from Australia and I've emailed preuve.paiement@ovh.net with my proof of address

NIC Handle: sm114653-ovh

Thanks!

Thelen
03-06-2012, 05:00
Location of the servers is irrelevant, it is all depending on which subsidiary you order through.

Andy.
01-06-2012, 02:47
So what about the US servers when they come online.
Will EU citizens be tax exempt?

Neil
24-04-2012, 11:13
Quote Originally Posted by SchoolMate
Hello,
I am from India,Asia.

I have Placed all the Orders from OVH.com

Already sent in copy of ID and proof of address to ovh.com to mail preuve.paiement@ovh.net

Could u please remove VAT from my account.

Nick handle : KL10632-OVH

Thanks and Have a nice day
Hi

If you do not get any response in 24 - 48 hours then please contact our Irish Office http://www.ovh.ie/support/

bhanuprasad1981
24-04-2012, 05:31
did you send your business proof ?

SchoolMate
23-04-2012, 19:46
Hello,
I am from India,Asia.

I have Placed all the Orders from OVH.com

Already sent in copy of ID and proof of address to ovh.com to mail preuve.paiement@ovh.net

Nick handle : KL10632-OVH

Thanks and Have a nice day

S0phie
17-04-2012, 10:52
Quote Originally Posted by psygnosis
İt doesnt allow me, it says "Please log in to the manager of your billing country."
You can contact them directly by email without logging to your manager: customersupport@ovh.ie

Or use their forum: http://forum.ovh.ie/

psygnosis
17-04-2012, 10:34
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
Please contact our Irish support for such question: http://www.ovh.ie/support/
İt doesnt allow me, it says "Please log in to the manager of your billing country."
Documents mailed to preuve.paiement@ovh.net but no response yet.

S0phie
16-04-2012, 12:47
Quote Originally Posted by psygnosis
İ'm based in Turkey
Placed my earlier orders with ovh.com

Nick handle : aa146057-ovh
Please contact our Irish support for such question: http://www.ovh.ie/support/

psygnosis
16-04-2012, 09:08
İ'm based in Turkey

Nick handle : aa146057-ovh

S0phie
05-04-2012, 11:34
Quote Originally Posted by hadi_gby
i have same problem
I have sent a email to preuve.paiement@ovh.net three days ago regarding the VAT removal, but havn't receive any update until now, my account already has been validated with proof, would you please help to take a look, the NIC handle is hg16216-ovh
Hi,

Your account is now VAT exempt.

hadi_gby
04-04-2012, 22:22
i have same problem
I have sent a email to preuve.paiement@ovh.net three days ago regarding the VAT removal, but havn't receive any update until now, my account already has been validated with proof, would you please help to take a look, the NIC handle is hg16216-ovh

Neil
02-04-2012, 16:10
Hi

I have checked and if you contact support@ovh.ie they will be able to get the VAT disabled on your nic handle.

shiqi
02-04-2012, 15:50
I have sent a email to preuve.paiement@ovh.net three days ago regarding the VAT removal, but havn't receive any update until now, my account already has been validated with proof, would you please help to take a look, the NIC handle is WH2877-OVH

S0phie
17-02-2012, 11:35
Quote Originally Posted by xendatious
I sent an email to preuve.paiement@ovh.net with my proof, my NIC handle is aa151254-ovh. Can you please look into it.
Your account is validated and VAT removed.

xendatious
16-02-2012, 03:49
I sent an email to preuve.paiement@ovh.net with my proof, my NIC handle is aa151254-ovh. Can you please look into it.

Thelen
15-02-2012, 22:24
Sorry but what's the nic? How can I investigate if I have no information...
I was referring to my OP, http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showpost.php?p=41168&postcount=6

S0phie
15-02-2012, 15:42
Quote Originally Posted by mastens
Nic-Handle: SM90622-OVH
Based in Norway
Already sent in copy of ID and proof of address to ovh.com

Still had to pay VAT.

Marius
All done. From now you won't be charged any VAT.

mastens
15-02-2012, 14:12
I would like to remind you that ovh.co.uk is currently exclusively for UK residents. Therefore we don't take care of any VAT removal here.

Therefore, if you want us to help you regarding this matter, please provide your nic-handle as usual... and for 2 reasons:
1- To know where you are based
2- To know where you placed your order so we can contact the appropriate support!

Also please bear in mind that if you are based in a country where OVH has no office, you will have to provide a copy of ID and a proof of address before ovh.com (only!) can validate your order and remove any VAT!
Nic-Handle: SM90622-OVH
Based in Norway
Already sent in copy of ID and proof of address to ovh.com

Still had to pay VAT.

Marius

S0phie
15-02-2012, 13:32
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
anyway, S0phie he already sent those documents, you can see the reply from Rachid. I suggest better staff training!
Sorry but what's the nic? How can I investigate if I have no information...

S0phie
15-02-2012, 13:27
I would like to remind you that ovh.co.uk is currently exclusively for UK residents. Therefore we don't take care of any VAT removal here.

Therefore, if you want us to help you regarding this matter, please provide your nic-handle as usual... and for 2 reasons:
1- To know where you are based
2- To know where you placed your order so we can contact the appropriate support!

Also please bear in mind that if you are based in a country where OVH has no office, you will have to provide a copy of ID and a proof of address before ovh.com (only!) can validate your order and remove any VAT!

Thelen
15-02-2012, 11:49
I don't remember where I saw Norway is all,

Yea there is lots of inconsistencies here...

mastens
15-02-2012, 05:34
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
Norway should not have to pay VAT no. although im not sure which subsidary it falls under (i thought the .pl one?)

anyway, S0phie he already sent those documents, you can see the reply from Rachid. I suggest better staff training!

Nah, really do not think it should fall under the Polish one... Nothing in commen with .pl.

.fi is more right, but as for now. It should fall under ovh.com.
I had an server, without VAT, and from one month to another it was charged VAT, i sent support an mail, and asked why... I was told they where going to check it, after 3 days, the reply i should pay VAT, then i canceled my server Alot of other server providers in EU, that don't charge VAT.

Marius

Thelen
15-02-2012, 04:47
Norway should not have to pay VAT no. although im not sure which subsidary it falls under (i thought the .pl one?)

turbanator
15-02-2012, 03:53
Norway is not part of EU vat system unless that has changed

mastens
14-02-2012, 15:22
If you provide a copy of ID and a proof of address showing that you are not based in EU then we will remove VAT.

If you placed your order at ovh.com, you need to send the documents by email to preuve.paiement@ovh.net
I'm not based in EU, I'm from Norway, and i had to pay VAT, is this right?
I also sent ID and proof of address.

Marius

S0phie
14-02-2012, 15:20
Quote Originally Posted by xendatious
Bump. Can you please look into this?
If you provide a copy of ID and a proof of address showing that you are not based in EU then we will remove VAT.

If you placed your order at ovh.com, you need to send the documents by email to preuve.paiement@ovh.net

xendatious
14-02-2012, 13:21
Bump. Can you please look into this?

Thelen
07-02-2012, 04:50
Nic handle : aa151254-ovh
I am in AU as well as him. You can see Ludovic handled the removal from my account.

S0phie
06-02-2012, 13:05
What's the nic-handle?
Where are you (or your friend) based?

Thelen
05-02-2012, 22:30
NickW there is nothing shady. Read my post *****...

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showpost.php?...6&postcount=11 says it all.

RikT
05-02-2012, 16:28
Quote Originally Posted by NickW
The solution is to stop trying to do something shady.

1) Purchase from your relevant OVH subsidiary and stop trying to play the system.

2) If you're an individual in an EU country, you have to pay VAT unless you're a VAT registered business. End of story.

3) If you're not in the EU then see point 1).

Nobody is doing anything shady well not that I know of and that post relates to someone having an issue with the french support that obviously doesnt know what the rules are in regards to what VAT is actually for and also anyone that has not got a subsiduary for theer country can purchase through the .com site and another note I know that this person lives outside of the EU and they are still trying to charge VAT cos they say its a french service and is still subject to VAT which is totally incorrect

NickW
05-02-2012, 13:21
The solution is to stop trying to do something shady.

1) Purchase from your relevant OVH subsidiary and stop trying to play the system.

2) If you're an individual in an EU country, you have to pay VAT unless you're a VAT registered business. End of story.

3) If you're not in the EU then see point 1).

Thelen
05-02-2012, 01:09
Since I can't write french I'll post this here, hopefully someone helpful like Neil can pass it on

xendatious wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm an individual living in a country that doesn't have to pay VAT, so there's no need for me to pay it.
>
> in this thread your representative has stated that individuals in countries outside Eu don't have to pay vat: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5878&page=2
>
> Some of my friends have also had vat removed : http://i.imgur.com/TSygn.png
>
> Please reconsider,
>
> regards

OVH wrote:
Hi,

I confirm you that only foreign companies are concerned with VAT exemption.

Even you are from out of France, you subscribe to a french service.

That's why you have to pay the VAT.

Cordially, Rachid.