OVH Community, your new community space.

Virtual Rack Query...

inet
09-02-2012, 15:00
Quote Originally Posted by Abdurrahman
Hi inet,

I'd be happy to answers your questions:

1. You cannot have Kimsufi servers in a Virtual Rack, as it does require Professional Use and a 1 Gbps connection on the server - if you attempt to put a 100 Mbps server into a virtual rack, you will lose some core functionality, to quote our virtual rack web page:

2. If you configure the virtual rack correctly, you can have a private network, so you can indeed configure the servers to be on the same Windows work group or domain.

3. This is correct, see 1. for more information.

Let me know if you need more information.

thank you so much, maybe time to move boxes over to ovh then

Abdurrahman
09-02-2012, 10:35
Hi inet,

I'd be happy to answers your questions:

1. You cannot have Kimsufi servers in a Virtual Rack, as it does require Professional Use and a 1 Gbps connection on the server - if you attempt to put a 100 Mbps server into a virtual rack, you will lose some core functionality, to quote our virtual rack web page:

Activating a 100 Mbps server within your virtual rack has resulted in the temporary disabling of your public network server. Monitoring systems, re-installation and netboot are inaccessible as your server is active within your virtual rack. You can restore these services temporarily leaving the virtual server in the rack.
2. If you configure the virtual rack correctly, you can have a private network, so you can indeed configure the servers to be on the same Windows work group or domain.

3. This is correct, see 1. for more information.

Let me know if you need more information.

inet
08-02-2012, 22:54
I want to ask some questions regarding the virtual rack service,

1. Can you have ovh & kimsufi boxes in same network
2. If all servers have windows can they access each other like being on the same work group? ( does that make sense )
3. Says professional must be enabled on all servers does this still exist?