OVH Community, your new community space.

Upgrading Server - Windows License help

Andy
13-02-2012, 11:34
Well the idea would be that it would only be allowed for 12-24 hours before both servers are disabled if the "old" server is not taken offline. You could select this in the OVH control panel to disable the old server after the expiry is met, and it cannot be re-activated without OVH intervention. This would prevent any abuse. I'm sure Microsoft can accommodate that sort of procedure and would understand the reasoning.

That sounds fair to me and makes life easier for customers by a long way. It's something I'd be annoyed at if I was using my own license (which I currently am, so this will cause me issues when I upgrade).

Neil
13-02-2012, 11:20
Hi

I can note it as feedback but I do not think it is something we can do, there are to many abuse issues with licences that it could raise.

Andy
10-02-2012, 18:31
Neil, is this something you can look into allowing as I can see myself having this issue at some point. I know for a fact Microsoft don't stop it so it's only OVH's infrastructure.

inet
10-02-2012, 18:28
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

That is not possible I am afraid, you would need a Windows licence for each server.
no problem at all thank you though !

Neil
10-02-2012, 18:19
Hi

That is not possible I am afraid, you would need a Windows licence for each server.

inet
10-02-2012, 15:39
Hi OVH team,

im going to be updating to a bigger server today, my concern is i have only one windows license and i need both boxes up for a small period of time to transfer data between them? is this possible to assign my new box same license for like 24hours?

-Thanks