OVH Community, your new community space.

IP location

Andy
29-02-2012, 16:25
Yes but even then OVH now peer with some US networks and are also building their own US network which will eventually offer better connectivity with Europe too.

Mark1978
29-02-2012, 16:24
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
All servers are hosted in France, OVH do not have any UK data centers yet. So the answer is no. However server location won't make much difference. If latency is your concern, the difference between UK and France is negligible.
Indeed you'll often get a better connection to OVH than you would to some places in the UK as OVH have excellent connectivity.

It's only when you are talking about hosting in America etc that you start to notice speed differences.

Andy
23-02-2012, 12:08
All servers are hosted in France, OVH do not have any UK data centers yet. So the answer is no. However server location won't make much difference. If latency is your concern, the difference between UK and France is negligible.

Myatu
22-02-2012, 20:59
For the Kimsufi and OVH dedicated server, you can add a "Failover IP". Depending on what you use, ie Apache for HTTP, you can bind to this IP instead of the master IP.

For Shared Hosting, you can change the location from the OVH Manager, select the domain name for the hosting plan -> Hosting -> "Geo Localisation" (4th row from top, 2nd icon from left).

This will not work for the start1M, no, however if your Shared Hosting package comes with multi-domains, you can add the domain-name used for start1M to the Shared Hosting package instead, which *does* allow you to select a UK IP.

vinczente
22-02-2012, 08:06
Hiya !
Is it possible to have my server located in UK instead of France ?
I have a start1M, a kimsufi, a shared hosting and a dedicated server.
I guess it won't be possible for the start1M but what about others ?
Thanks