OVH Community, your new community space.

uploading help

marks
17-04-2012, 18:09
Quote Originally Posted by cartwright118
Hi Mark,

Is it not against OVH policy to use Torrents? - It is allowed? - Providing the content it legal?
yes, there is nothing wrong with the software itself. We're aware of ppl using torrent programs for perfectly licit purposes

Quote Originally Posted by cartwright118
Also you said that OVH do not have root access to the server, and only the customer does. This contradicts what one of the OVH guides says...

http://help.ovh.com/InstallOvhKey

The introduction says it all, by reading this. It says to me that the SSH key is automatically installed giving OVH root access and if you don't want them to then you have to manually disable it yourself.
yes, that's the case for Linux server, no key on windows. That's something we don't hide, it's public that we do that, and you're absolutely free to remove the key as soon as the server is installed. We put it there in case it the customers ask our engineers are asked to check the server for any problem.

As I said, you're free to get rid of the key at any time.

cartwright118
17-04-2012, 10:07
Quote Originally Posted by marks
it's all ok to run torrent software, as the software itself is not illegal, but be careful to use it for transferring illicit material because that's forbidden on our terms and conditions.

We don't have access to the server as the customer is the only one to have root access, but whenever we find a server with copyrighted material, it'll be cancelled.
Hi Mark,

Is it not against OVH policy to use Torrents? - It is allowed? - Providing the content it legal?

Multiple times I've needed to use torrents (For CentOS linux & Windows ISO) but didn't because I thought it was against your policy. I had to search the internet for an ISO and I did eventually find my Server 2008 r2 ISO from the Microsoft Website. I have legal licenses for windows from Dream Spark and MSDN but they don't allow you download the ISO direct anymore and want you to install a download manager that is only compatible with windows (not linux).

Also you said that OVH do not have root access to the server, and only the customer does. This contradicts what one of the OVH guides says...

http://help.ovh.com/InstallOvhKey

The introduction says it all, by reading this. It says to me that the SSH key is automatically installed giving OVH root access and if you don't want them to then you have to manually disable it yourself.

Thanks
Christian

marks
13-04-2012, 11:05
it's all ok to run torrent software, as the software itself is not illegal, but be careful to use it for transferring illicit material because that's forbidden on our terms and conditions.

We don't have access to the server as the customer is the only one to have root access, but whenever we find a server with copyrighted material, it'll be cancelled.

moose579
12-04-2012, 19:51
hello all this is my first post here /as i see your very helpfull on server matters

anyway im a novice at this ,,or call me noob /which ever

like ive said in the topic ive installed urtorrent on my kimisufi 2g

got it all running fine also with FTP access ,,not bad i think for someone like me (not knowing nothing when i orded the server)

anyway my problem is ive run code in putty to get all pluggins for rutorrent

they have all downloaded fine /as ive looked in the directory in ftp and they are all there

the problem im having is that i carnt upload on a privet tracker /i keep getting a error

Notice =undefined index in /var/rutorrent/urtorrent/plugins(create)create torrent.php on line 72

could some help me with this as ive tryed just about every code i ve come across

manys thanks