We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

New SuperPlan Mini 2012

Thelen
03-06-2012, 06:03
Extra extra come and get it!

Yea I can see that difference, but I was more commenting on the cost difference between 2x1TB and 2x2TB sorry think you got caught on the 15GBP pro thing

marks
01-06-2012, 10:14
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
Yea I totally understand mark and I wish to strengthen not weaken that clarity, but considering you *do* pay 15GBP/mo more for pro features at a minimum, is the cost breakdown really that much different?
I was talking about the extra base features that ovh.co.uk servers come with, not the extra you get with the Pro option (15/month). That's extra extra

Some basic differences between OVH and kimsufi: always come with pairs of hard drives, they've got SLA, higher level of support, ...

Any ETA on new servers yet?
unfortunately, no, we haven't had any news about the new 2012 range. So it doesn't seem it will be in the next weeks.

yonatan
31-05-2012, 21:52
Quote Originally Posted by ExW
+1 any?

ExW
31-05-2012, 17:09

Thelen
20-04-2012, 14:57
The photo of the servers in the CA DC used for the new SP? How does it look ****? Seen Googles DC photos recently?

If you don't like it, bugger off to someone like leaseweb and pay twice as much :P

Mark1978
19-04-2012, 15:34
Strange you are using that photo to advertise it. Everyone I've showed it to has had a good laugh at how rubbish it looks.

Thelen
19-04-2012, 13:16
Yea I totally understand mark and I wish to strengthen not weaken that clarity, but considering you *do* pay 15GBP/mo more for pro features at a minimum, is the cost breakdown really that much different?

marks
19-04-2012, 12:29
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
Awesome!

Is 2x1TB a mistake? Seems basically the kimsufi16g. kimsufi better cpu, same ram, only 1 drive so in that area it helps, but otherwise kimsufi is slightly cheaper too?

i know it is professional series vs kimsufi, but still..

2x2TB seems more like it?
it may seem that kimsufi servers have similar specs, but they are not pro servers, nor they have all the Professional extra feature.

We're trying to make more and more clear the difference between kimsufi servers and Pro servers, to show the different level of product you're purchasing.

Thelen
19-04-2012, 08:38
Awesome!

Is 2x1TB a mistake? Seems basically the kimsufi16g. kimsufi better cpu, same ram, only 1 drive so in that area it helps, but otherwise kimsufi is slightly cheaper too?

i know it is professional series vs kimsufi, but still..

2x2TB seems more like it?

Kacotet
18-04-2012, 23:50
I bet the base Kimsufi will be Atom, 4GB RAM & 2TB HDD.

Tz-OVH
18-04-2012, 22:27
I'd consider replacing my older SP Mini with this, except mine is still cheaper at GBP 41.99 (with VAT)

marks
18-04-2012, 17:52
Quote Originally Posted by macole111
Oh new servers :P

Any Kimsufis?

macole111
not in the pipeline as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by TH-Guy
A welcomed update, especially at the same price!

When do you plan to update the other models too?
it should be done over the next weeks, but no ETA

Arran
18-04-2012, 13:11
Quote Originally Posted by marks
I'm afraid that this change is not being considered, as it's a way to differentiate SP from EGs and MGs. It is a limitation, but SPs are also cheaper.
What if there was an SP Mini and then an EG Mini? The only difference being connection speed. I would totally consider buying that, assuming the 1gbit didn't cost loads more.

TH-Guy
17-04-2012, 20:04
A welcomed update, especially at the same price!

When do you plan to update the other models too?

macole111
17-04-2012, 18:46
Oh new servers :P

Any Kimsufis?

macole111

inet
17-04-2012, 12:28
Quote Originally Posted by marks
I'm afraid that this change is not being considered, as it's a way to differentiate SP from EGs and MGs. It is a limitation, but SPs are also cheaper.

In any case, we'll pass on your comments to our headquarters.

the rest of the range will be updated soon as well. It's part of our yearly update of the models
i look forward to see what else follows then

marks
17-04-2012, 12:18
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Gigabit on the low end models would be nice. You're still bound by the bandwidth limit, some just like to use it quicker sometimes So to OVH this wouldn't actually cost any more, it's just a switch configuration change

In any case, we'll pass on your comments to our headquarters.

Does this mean all boxes to follow ??
the rest of the range will be updated soon as well. It's part of our yearly update of the models

inet
17-04-2012, 11:20
Does this mean all boxes to follow ??

bhanuprasad1981
17-04-2012, 06:22
any updates on andy's question i really want giga port

K.Kode
16-04-2012, 18:26
Just format first HDD on install

bhanuprasad1981
16-04-2012, 18:24
yes please give option at add 1gbps port on these server will take 5 of these also can these be installed without raid ?

Andy
16-04-2012, 13:37
Gigabit on the low end models would be nice. You're still bound by the bandwidth limit, some just like to use it quicker sometimes So to OVH this wouldn't actually cost any more, it's just a switch configuration change

marks
16-04-2012, 11:43
Hi all,

Having updated the HG earlier this year, now is the
turn for its smaller brother to have this treatment of
favor!

SuperPlan the Mini 2012 is based on the platform of Sandy Bridge
Core i3-2130 and its two cores clocked at 3.4 GHz hyperthreading,
16 GB of DDR3 and two 1TB drives in soft RAID.

If you want to set up a game server, host your
websites or CPU intensive applications, this server is
for you!

In addition, with 16 GB of RAM and VT-x instructions supported,
it opens the doors to virtualization.

The price remains unchanged at 44.99 excl VAT / month, free installation
and you get all the options and services OVH pro.

The whole sheet is now available on our website:
http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_serve...rplan_mini.xml