OVH Community, your new community space.

changing IP of mail server {centos-plesk }

avizeke
28-05-2012, 09:49
thanks for your response, i imagine i aint going to change the ip now anyway, simply get it unblocked... but in this case where no one knows, i now want to find out properly so i am going to speak on there forums and ask, once i find out i will post back here with the results.

thanks again guys

cartwright118
27-05-2012, 08:20
Quote Originally Posted by avizeke
mr cartwright thanks for your response,
So if people dont respond, then yes clearly they dont know, but i find it hard to believe that no one knows how to, plus plesk forums, its a ballache registering on there with a licence etc.
The registration procedure for the Plesk forums is like any other, maybe you are getting confused with their official support - which is a ballache with having to use your licence key. I always end up resorting back to the forum due to the fact my licence is held with OVH and Parallels wont support it. Their forum registration is just asking for the usual things. - I have just double checked.

It is quite possible that no one here knows how to change the IP of mail server on Plesk, I'd say majority of people would use cPanel instead of Plesk on Linux. (That isn't quoted, that is my opinion).

I hope you get it sorted anyway
Christian

P.S Did you try that link? Was it useful?

avizeke
22-05-2012, 23:44
great ./.. ok thanks. how do i get my isp to request a unblocking of a ip.

again thanks for your help so far !

marks
22-05-2012, 17:51
ip was black listed with ovh, and then i sorted the issue as someone hacked the mail server, i resolved that then ovh released it, how do i then resolve in cleaning the ip up with hotmail as i applied to them and they rejected it. Even though now i know its all ok.

if its easier cleaning the ip from black list then i will do this, but hotmail are slooowww.
they cannot reject it. They may need some time to make sure that they don't see more spam coming from your IP, but it shouldn't be long. Normally, they may ask for confirmation that certain policies are complied with and confirmation from the ISP, but it should always be possible to delete a blacklisting if the case is genuine.

avizeke
22-05-2012, 13:58
ip was black listed with ovh, and then i sorted the issue as someone hacked the mail server, i resolved that then ovh released it, how do i then resolve in cleaning the ip up with hotmail as i applied to them and they rejected it. Even though now i know its all ok.

if its easier cleaning the ip from black list then i will do this, but hotmail are slooowww.

avizeke
22-05-2012, 13:53
mr cartwright thanks for your response,

I respect and understand that yes people may not know, and that is why i am here because for ovh and in general this is the biggest hosting community available.

So if people dont respond, then yes clearly they dont know, but i find it hard to believe that no one knows how to, plus plesk forums, its a ballache registering on there with a licence etc.

but more importantly overall... i appreciate what you have stated and have taken this on board.

thanks in advance

marks
21-05-2012, 15:51
thanks marks for your response. yes, at the time the mail server was comprimised effectively sending emails spam out to hotmail etc. hotmail are the only ones blocking mail from that IP, i re applied to re revue my ip, and mail server integrity, and refused, so rather than waste time trying to get in there good books, so teh road i am taking is changing the mail server IP, either through plesk 10.4 or by ssh centos v5
from OVH point of view, you have to manage to clean this IP from blacklistings. If hotmail ask you that your ISP confirms something on your behalf, we're happy to do so. Send it to us.

But all the IPs must be clean all the time. If we see that you're server has IPs blacklisted somewhere and you haven't cleaned them, that all counts towards your rating of trustworthiness. If after that, we receive reports from 3rd parties that says that they received spam from any IP of your server and you have IPs that are blacklisted, you'll be more likely to get your server cancelled.

I strongly recommend you to work on removing this blacklisting

Palad1n
21-05-2012, 14:53
can i have a response please, seems like i am in a forum where there are monkeys cant be that hard seriously....
There is no need to post words like this.

People come here for free in their own time to try and help others.

I use cPanel/DirectAdmin NOT Plesk, so cannot speak for Plesk.

Have you tried contact Plesk? if you have license you have support.

A free community do not need your attitude and I for one, would not even open google to try and help you for posting like this.

Grow up and if you cant use the server correctly, get a managed server / hosting option.

cartwright118
21-05-2012, 14:25
I don't know the answer to your question but you could try the following.

All I did was a simple Google search.

http://www.indianwebportal.com/chang...-address-plesk

It does seem to answer it for you, I know how to change my plesk mail server IP. But there is no point explaining as its Windows and not Linux.

Rather than trying to work around the problem, you are better trying to fix it. Like previously mentioned, you could look on http://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/ to see if you are in a block list. Then get in contact with them about a removal. - it is actually quite simple.

You could also try looking at your mail server settings, to see if something there is preventing more strict servers from accepting your emails. Such as signing mail etc. In case your IP address isn't actually banned, you might be trying to change your IP address when in fact - you might not need to. It could just be configuration.

Rather than coming and moaning that someone hasn't replied, this is a community forum and therefore doesn't mean we HAVE to reply to your thread. It is possible just no one actually knew the answer. Another thing you could have tried was the Plesk forum, they have Plesk staff and Plesk experts on there that are trained in this sort of thing.

http://forum.parallels.com/forumdisplay.php?f=208

I hope this has helped
Christian

P.S I saw this post the day you posted it, but didn't know the answer so I didn't see much point in replying.

macole111
21-05-2012, 13:21
This is mainly a community led forum, if there is no one who can help you contact OVH support.

Anyway the servers are unmanaged, OVH have guides at: help.ovh.co.uk

-macole111

avizeke
21-05-2012, 00:16
can no one answer this at all !! best part of a week for a response on how to actually change ip for a mail servers....

avizeke
18-05-2012, 15:33
I am fairly experienced with ssh lamp etc, but i have never come to this scenario before hand which is why i thought it may be good to bring this up. clearly you can simply remove the current ip and replace with ip alias on net adaptor but that defieats my object, i need to leave the ip there and add a additional ip to mail server instead....

please again advise

macole111
17-05-2012, 21:31
First thing you need to do is buy a failover IP, then you need to configure it yourself, the servers are unmanaged. Some here might be able to help you but I have no experience of CentOS so I cannot help you there.

-macole111

avizeke
17-05-2012, 19:07
can i have a response please, seems like i am in a forum where there are monkeys cant be that hard seriously....

avizeke
16-05-2012, 21:46
thanks marks for your response. yes, at the time the mail server was comprimised effectively sending emails spam out to hotmail etc. hotmail are the only ones blocking mail from that IP, i re applied to re revue my ip, and mail server integrity, and refused, so rather than waste time trying to get in there good books, so teh road i am taking is changing the mail server IP, either through plesk 10.4 or by ssh centos v5

marks
16-05-2012, 10:51
well, if some mail servers are refusing your IP to send emails, that's effectively a blacklist. In these cases, the right thing to do is to talk to the guys to get it remove from the blacklist, so to change IP. Otherwise, it's easy to imagine what would be next if the new IP gets blacklisted aswell.

I suggest you to contact them to see what needs to be done to remove the blacklisting.

If you need more help, give us some more information about this particular problem (you get messages bounced back, is there somewhere where it shows the blacklisting and why?

Hope it helps

avizeke
15-05-2012, 19:17
i find it really hard to believe that no one knows this one ?

avizeke
12-05-2012, 08:32
Hey all

I have a small problem, and i am wondering how best to change the ip of the mail server.

i am using centos 5 and plesk 10.4. Reasons for changing a IP for a mail server is because i have established that some mail servers externally outbound are auto refusing, by IP.

so i am just wondering how best to alter the ip of the mail server.

thanks for your help guys