OVH Community, your new community space.

The order for new dedicated servers is suspended

IainK
31-07-2008, 15:35
Thats an appropriate picture. I'm told over the phone it's more likely to be tomorrow but no confirmations.

spoonzzzzz
31-07-2008, 14:57
ha, i already had 2 people who wanted to buy a server from them, there now with someone else.

Andy
31-07-2008, 14:02
Quote Originally Posted by kasher9
yeah i also wished they would open it up...ovh.com is open,i don't see why ovh.co.uk isn't.
They're testing the new system but its very incompetent that they haven't told us a definitive date/time the ordering system will be back open. I've had a few people add me on MSN asking me if I knew and I could only say I didn't know. Some of them even said they were going to look elsewhere now

kasher9
31-07-2008, 12:57
yeah i also wished they would open it up...ovh.com is open,i don't see why ovh.co.uk isn't.

liamg1285
31-07-2008, 10:15
any ideas of when they gonna start allowin orders again as they said today last night

jester
31-07-2008, 09:49
so we dont know what the hells happening so can someone please shed some real light on this darkness

fozl
30-07-2008, 17:04
Quote Originally Posted by spoonzzzzz
whats the chances friday will turn in saturday and so forth?
reasonable.

liamg1285
30-07-2008, 15:41
Quote Originally Posted by IainK

Anyway, let's hope this order form gets opened up soon! I bet the second it does those 39 kimsufis in 1 hour are flying off the shelves
yeap i will be havin 1 if im quick enough lol

IainK
30-07-2008, 15:10
I just hope this new SMS confirmation system is enough of a deterant for hackers but to be perfectly honest i see the system being overhauled again and again just to keep them out.
None the less there's no reason existing customers should have to suffer. I don't see why someone who has purchased 3 servers should have to be considered 'risky'.
I may not always be able to renew my boxes on time, and accept I may loose my data, but I'm not going anywhere!

Anyway, let's hope this order form gets opened up soon! I bet the second it does those 39 kimsufis in 1 hour are flying off the shelves

Andy
30-07-2008, 14:47
Quote Originally Posted by IainK
So once again the date we're told isn't correct ;/
I'm beginning to wonder if OVH ever stick to their plans and dates they tell us. Also the website has taken a turn for the worst, a lot of links now don't work. EG the jobs page doesn't work and error 404's (thank IainK for that).

spoonzzzzz
30-07-2008, 14:45
Quote Originally Posted by fozle
I tend to be conservative with these things, what else did you want to know?
whats the chances friday will turn in saturday and so forth?

fozl
30-07-2008, 14:36
Quote Originally Posted by liamg1285
just phoned em and wasnt very helpful they said l8r today but best to try 2moro thursday
I tend to be conservative with these things, what else did you want to know?

IainK
30-07-2008, 14:17
So once again the date we're told isn't correct ;/

liamg1285
30-07-2008, 13:10
just phoned em and wasnt very helpful they said l8r today but best to try 2moro thursday

Andy
30-07-2008, 13:01
Quote Originally Posted by liamg1285
when are the servers gonna be able to order again as its now wednesday and are still not available
They should be available any time now. They said Wednesday at noon. If you want to order I suggest phoning up now and finding out when orders will be accepted again. If you do phone up and get an answer perhaps you could post it here.

liamg1285
30-07-2008, 12:53
when are the servers gonna be able to order again as its now wednesday and are still not available

Tz-OVH
28-07-2008, 22:18
Hope the upgrade goes along smoothly...good luck!

Fewer hacker servers = better network for all of us.

slayer2005
28-07-2008, 21:08
Quote Originally Posted by Nettus
Its in english anyways whats the poiont on copying it?
It was in french when he 1st posted it.

Nettus
28-07-2008, 20:24
Its in english anyways whats the poiont on copying it?

Andy
28-07-2008, 16:09
Good morning,
We will put in place a new order dedicated server
integrating validations SMS from Wednesday (48H). In
Meanwhile, given the number of abuse by day, we decided to suspend
purely and simply ordering new dedicated servers at Ovh.

Indeed, this weekend, we recorded more than 6 attacks
in our network and a large number of unpaid this Monday. We will
check all servers that we delivered from 1 month to
close all servers hackers (currently on a farm between
10 and 30 per day). It gives himself a week to clean
and close network servers hackers. You leave the axe ...

You will be able to order new servers from Wednesday
noon (maximum).

Yours
Octave

oles@ovh.net
28-07-2008, 15:42
Hello,

We are going to implement a new dedicated server order integrating SMS validations from Wednesday (in 48H). Meanwhile, given the number of abuse per day, we have decided to suspend purely and simply ordering new dedicated servers at Ovh.

Indeed, this weekend, we recorded more than 6 attacks on our network and a large number of unpaid order this Monday. We will check all servers that we delivered from 1 month to close all servers of the hackers (currently we close between 10 and 30 a day). It is gonna take us a week to clean the network and close servers of hackers.

You will be able to order new servers from Wednesday noon (maximum).

Regards,

Octave