OVH Community, your new community space.

No wonder you have such a bad name as a serious provider

DigitalDaz
29-08-2012, 18:42
I already have SPF etc setup, the IP was actually blacklisted, Blacklist number 3 to be exact

Credit where credit's due though, I emailed them and they've sorted it within 24 hours.

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Online Services Technical Support. This email is in reference to ticket number 1183451630, which was opened in regards to your delisting request for 188.165.x.x

The IP address you submitted has been reviewed and removed from our block lists. Please note that there may be a 1-2 hour delay before this change propagates through our entire system.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. As long as our spam filtering systems do not mark a majority of email from the IP address as spam-like, your messages will be allowed to flow as normal through our network. However, should we detect an increase in spam-like activity, the IP address may be re-added to our block list.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to respond to this email.

Thank you again for contacting Microsoft Online Services technical support and giving us the opportunity to serve you.
Regards,
xxxxxxxxxxx
Microsoft Online Technical Support

ictdude
29-08-2012, 18:36
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Haha i see all in one package. There is all i talked about. Good work Neil.
Have fun all ovh mailserver fans reading this ... Its a must to read to get hotmail and live mail accept your server IP adres I had to learn it the hardway my self , so now it works here ...

Neil
29-08-2012, 16:23
If you want some bed time reading:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ce_deliver.pdf

ictdude
29-08-2012, 15:29
Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaz
I've calmed down a bit now and I have got round it. I'd just got myself a second block anyway.

There are a number of ways around it the point is, I got this to make my life easier

It is very cool and seems to work very well, I've live migrated VMs between physical hosts running voip during a call and the call doesn't even drop.

I know hotmail is a pain in the ass as there spamfilters are really critical.
I had some problems in the past to. You have to make sure your server has setup correct like configured SPF and reverse dns and some other stuff.

You have to setup a DNS record as SPF. If not Microsoft live and hotmail could see you as spam. You can read all this at there website. Also if you are not blacklisted and settings are not setup correct Microsoft wil block you Here you can check som of your MX settings and others. Its a nice online tool http://mxtoolbox.com/spf.aspx

Also you need to check this http://www.returnpath.net/commercial...certification/

This http://mail.live.com/mail/policies.aspx
This http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/safe...d/default.mspx

If you have all setup correctly then pray Microsoft will accept your IP adres.
Goodluck !!! My servers can now sent mail to Bill gate mail system

Myatu
27-08-2012, 16:50
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
I thought that Ripe Blocks (not failovers) were new & unused? Or was that when this service was new, therefore if a client leaves, the blocks get recycled?
RIPE is expected to run out of IPv4 blocks in October this year [link]. The chances you get a fresh, new block is minimal (and relies mostly on OVH's own stock).

LawsHosting
27-08-2012, 16:29
I thought that Ripe Blocks (not failovers) were new & unused? Or was that when this service was new, therefore if a client leaves, the blocks get recycled?

Myatu
27-08-2012, 16:10
http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings.lasso?isp=ovh.net Anyhow, most blacklists will take you off without too much fuss, although I can fully understand your initial frustration (you really shouldn't have to deal with this yourself, as you weren't the one who caused it).

Neil
27-08-2012, 15:43
I've calmed down a bit now and I have got round it. I'd just got myself a second block anyway.

There are a number of ways around it the point is, I got this to make my life easier

It is very cool and seems to work very well, I've live migrated VMs between physical hosts running voip during a call and the call doesn't even drop.
Great, if you have any more problems then do please let us know

Thelen
27-08-2012, 12:07
Every other provider gets hit by this.... OVH is no exception, and if they perhaps get hit more than others, that is because your 450GBP cloud would cost 5x as much elsewhere..

DigitalDaz
26-08-2012, 10:41

on 25/08/2012 22:10
mx2.hotmail.com: 550 SC-001 (COL0-MC2-F25) Unfortunately, messages from 5.39.x.x weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list.

Neil
26-08-2012, 09:56
Again, in my move to progress to more professional services OVH floors me yet again.

I think to myself, its bank holiday weekend, I've got an extra day, I'll get my servers moved to my shiny, new £450 a month private cloud service.

Will I boll**! I'll now start moving them back because the block of IPs I've been allocated is blacklisted and all my company's email is now bouncing and I look a knob because I said this would be a better service.

Its not like I can just buy a £1 failover to use like I would with a cheap kimi.
Hi, this does sound unusual on the pcc, have you opened a ticket? If not please do So and also you can allocate a new block in the manager v5.

But please open an incident ticket so we can check this.

yonatan
26-08-2012, 05:57
Again, in my move to progress to more professional services OVH floors me yet again.

I think to myself, its bank holiday weekend, I've got an extra day, I'll get my servers moved to my shiny, new £450 a month private cloud service.

Will I boll**! I'll now start moving them back because the block of IPs I've been allocated is blacklisted and all my company's email is now bouncing and I look a knob because I said this would be a better service.

Its not like I can just buy a £1 failover to use like I would with a cheap kimi.
Hi,
the cloud is a great solution.
a quick way around this would be to grab a kimsufi 2G and configure it as your mail relay until you sort out the IP issues.

DigitalDaz
25-08-2012, 23:03