OVH Community, your new community space.

Some Q's about the public cloud

mattjonesits
22-04-2013, 17:16
Hi - any update on this?
Interested in Hubic outside of France especially.

Neil
18-09-2012, 12:08
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
P.S.: Suggestion, here: Can we have the option for a static IP address (against an hourly rate)? Would be great for load balancing applications.
Hi

Will certainly put it forward, we are reviewing it all at the moment and looking at all the options.

Myatu
29-08-2012, 19:50
P.S.: Suggestion, here: Can we have the option for a static IP address (against an hourly rate)? Would be great for load balancing applications.

Neil
28-08-2012, 16:46
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
That thought had occurred to me, but haven't tried it yet. However, the IP would then change, would it not? That would be my only concern in this case...

Ok, thanks I've seen a news entry from Oles regarding storage and OpenStack (Hubic? Only France it seems).
The IP would change but it does work archiving and recreating a new instance from that template.

Hubic is only available in France at the moment and uses VMware technology but we are looking at other options.

Myatu
28-08-2012, 15:09
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
For the first option, you can change an instance if you turn it into a template and then base a new instance off this template.
That thought had occurred to me, but haven't tried it yet. However, the IP would then change, would it not? That would be my only concern in this case...

For Port 25 Block, we plan to offer a Bulk SMTP Instance.

For storage we are still looking into this and are looking at other options like OpenStack over VMware.
Ok, thanks I've seen a news entry from Oles regarding storage and OpenStack (Hubic? Only France it seems).

Neil
28-08-2012, 13:04
Hi

For the first option, you can change an instance if you turn it into a template and then base a new instance off this template.

For Port 25 Block, we plan to offer a Bulk SMTP Instance.

For storage we are still looking into this and are looking at other options like OpenStack over VMware.

Myatu
27-08-2012, 16:23
I'm toying around with the public cloud a bit, since it gives me access to a lot more resources when I need to. Here are some initial questions regarding it:

• Will there be an option to change the size of an instance, regardless of its state (on, archived)?
  • Is, or will there be an option to remove the port 25 block, ie. in exchange for an extra on-off or hourly payment? (As a side note: you might want to add on the website that you block the port, not just in the T&Cs)
  • When are additional locations (other than RBX1) expected?
  • When is shared storage expected?

They're not critical issues but good to know...