OVH Community, your new community space.

New order tomorrow

cal
05-09-2008, 06:34
At least he tries to write in English..

Snarkyone
05-09-2008, 04:28
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
pissedoff a écrit:
>
> ok I have been waiting 3 days to get a server and still waiting. I have
> had high recomendations about your service. I have been trying all day
> and got nout to honest other providers do what they say and I am going
> them another.
>
> Second, you advertise no setup fee. Now you are going to bring one in.

no problem. it's the rules of the market.

talking about ovh: the way is right but I can't tell you why. why I can't ?
because you will say me what you said "I said 2 days and it's not 2 days
but 3 days". ok. so you will need to wait to know something that will be.
that all I can say.
What??? I don't have a frigging clue what you are saying in this statement other than it appears that you don't care that the potential customer is going to seek another provider after that it makes no sense.

Speaking of which some of you people need to take the time to read what you have typed, there are several examples of poorly written comments that by taking the time to look at what you typed could easily be fixed and then people can understand what your really trying to say. Don't be so lazy and show some signs of intelligence for Christ's sake.

oles@ovh.net
05-09-2008, 00:48
Declan a écrit:
>
> I dont get the point of the set up fee. If you can charge £0 for the
> entire kimsufi range then you can surely do the same with the rest of
> the servers. You are going to lose a lot of genuine customer's or force
> them to go on the kimsufi which are great but could be improved.

I sold out all servers with setup fee and without. we have lot of
difficulty to prepare enought servers per day. I will send an email
tomorrow with the delay.

sorry for the 0 server in 1 hour
http://www.ovh.co.uk/individual/prod...cated_list.xml

Declan
04-09-2008, 14:49
I dont get the point of the set up fee. If you can charge £0 for the entire kimsufi range then you can surely do the same with the rest of the servers. You are going to lose a lot of genuine customer's or force them to go on the kimsufi which are great but could be improved.

IainK
31-07-2008, 21:17
woo!

liamg1285
31-07-2008, 21:02
just to let u no the orderin is bk open and you can still pay per month at the moment

hjml
31-07-2008, 19:27
Quote Originally Posted by IainK
I would say it will probably open around the evening - that's when it opened for france.
Do you about when it open for .co.uk ?

IainK
31-07-2008, 19:12
No, Changer la durée de location loosely translated is "Change duration of arrivals" - you can change the billing period with this link, 1 month is still an option as is 3, 6 and 12 months.

slayer2005
31-07-2008, 18:38
So looking at .com for the kimi u have to purchase for 3 months at least.

IainK
31-07-2008, 18:24
I would say it will probably open around the evening - that's when it opened for france.

hjml
31-07-2008, 18:05
Wich time og the day will it be open to ordre new servers ?

jester
31-07-2008, 10:44
just after more $ from us bless um and wtf about reordering ive been waiting for ever 2 days 3 days next evening tommorrow night when can we order again

Yianni
31-07-2008, 06:21
Hello,

A lot of the OVH appeal will be lost with the setup fee unfortunately. And like previously said, not many people can afford to pay 12 months in advance. Hopefully the setup fee wont be a ridisiclous amount.

OVH, we know you want to stop fraud sign ups with these changes but please also think about your legitimate customers and put them first. Please do not make things harder and more expensive for us.

If I remember correctly someone from OVH mentioned that the actual server prices will drop with the inclusion with this setup fee? Also will a discount be offered to only 12 month advance payments or will there be 3 and 6 month payment options with discounts?

Cheers

oles@ovh.net
31-07-2008, 00:56
pissedoff a écrit:
>
> ok I have been waiting 3 days to get a server and still waiting. I have
> had high recomendations about your service. I have been trying all day
> and got nout to honest other providers do what they say and I am going
> them another.
>
> Second, you advertise no setup fee. Now you are going to bring one in.

no problem. it's the rules of the market.

talking about ovh: the way is right but I can't tell you why. why I can't ?
because you will say me what you said "I said 2 days and it's not 2 days
but 3 days". ok. so you will need to wait to know something that will be.
that all I can say.

pissedoff
31-07-2008, 00:01
ok I have been waiting 3 days to get a server and still waiting. I have had high recomendations about your service. I have been trying all day and got nout to honest other providers do what they say and I am going them another.

Second, you advertise no setup fee. Now you are going to bring one in.
TUT TUT TUT

IainK
30-07-2008, 23:31
It will be up tomorrow afternoon/evening and I don't think there's going to be any way of getting around that especially at this hour.
Will just have to wait until

Y3K-Daniel
30-07-2008, 23:24
Low setup fees shouldnt be much of a problem... but staying without would be better.

Now can we get the order form back... i need to order another server to upgrade to, preferably with enough time before the current one expires so I can get everything transferred!
Is it not possible to get customer support to add a new order to existing customers accounts while the order page gets sorted?

Tz-OVH
30-07-2008, 23:19
My biggest reason to not use a server for over 2mo is the Windows 2003 cost.

Why not raise the setup fee a bit for those who want the Win2003 license free for the duration of the server rental, with a min. contract time of 6months?

Palad1n
30-07-2008, 22:57
Depending on what the setup fee is £10, £20 etc. it is not too bad, some other .de providers charge €50 setup.

But if they increase monthlys then some other providers start looking good.

Andy
30-07-2008, 21:36
To be honest I don't think you'll have much luck with the setup fees. I feel it will drive even legitimate customers away and not just those with bad intentions.

Also, I think you should review what you tell people on the forum and even on your website. You promised Wednesday max for people to begin ordering again yet you have now suddenly decided thats no longer possible. You shouldn't give false information. I can bet you have just lost a lot of customers today by not sticking to your word.

But hey, who am I to judge. Its not my business.

My 2p...

oles@ovh.net
30-07-2008, 20:50
Hi There,
We have finished the new order for the dedicated servers and we
test it this evening/night with our frenchs customers with beta
test status. Tomorrow all bugs will be fixed and we will put
this new version on DE/UK/PL/ES website.

Next week, we will start new packaging of the dedicated servers
with the fee setup, the monthly payement and possibility to stop
the server every month. No fee setup for the 12 months payement.

Regards,
Octave