OVH Community, your new community space.

IPv4 Server

aozm48
07-11-2012, 22:04
just be careful, I just deleted a single virtual MAC from my server, and it's taken out network connectivity to the entire server, just waiting on tech-support to intervene and fix the network issue on the router i'm guessing.

LawsHosting
07-11-2012, 21:58
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
Mine says that its in progress (I assumed it'd be instant).
Same

Tz-OVH
07-11-2012, 21:58
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
How long does it take to totally delete unwanted blocks from my account?
Mine says that its in progress (I assumed it'd be instant).

LawsHosting
07-11-2012, 21:56
How long does it take to totally delete unwanted blocks from my account?

menno
07-11-2012, 20:39
Yeah that last email confused me as to what I need to do if I just want to keep things as is.

aozm48
07-11-2012, 20:23
just got an email from OVH regarding the IPV4 price changes, however the wording is a bit confusing, specifically this portion
Therefore, regardless of the expiration date of your server, IPv4 will expire on 6th December 2012. From 7th December, we will proceed with the "de-routing" of non-renewed IPv4. This means that IPv4 that will not be renewed will cease running from 7th December. You will be able to renew the 'forgotten' IPv4 until the 31st December. From the 1st January 2013, the non-renewed IPv4 will be allocated to new customers.
Does this mean regardless of when we renew our server's and we pay for a full month of IPV4, you will still expire the IPV4 addresses, and expect us to manually renew just the IP addresses on our contracts? What will be the procedure for this? How will we re-align our billing after you change things mid cycle?

Andy
07-11-2012, 18:52
OVH's DNS is less than stable from personal experience which is why I run my own. Plus if my server is down then the sites and DNS are so it becomes useless either way.

I find it disappointing that OVH has changed their mind after writing that we would get 3 free IP's.

Neil
07-11-2012, 18:40
Quote Originally Posted by Shimon
Best to use their secondary DNS. Secondary DNS should be on another server.
We offer one for free as well in the OVH Manager, under Server, then Services and Secondary DNS, just add the domain name in there and make sure zone transfer to this server is enabled.

Shimon
07-11-2012, 18:31
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Definitely. I only use a second IP for my DNS and a 2nd FTP server otherwise I wouldn't have it... They should give us at least 2 IP's for DNS reasons and server migration if nothing else.
Best to use their secondary DNS. Secondary DNS should be on another server.

Vmlweb
07-11-2012, 08:05
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
If you mean divide, yes it is possible.
Yep divide not device.
Thanks.

Thelen
07-11-2012, 01:46
If you mean divide, yes it is possible.

Vmlweb
06-11-2012, 20:54
Is it still possible to divide* a RIPE block into individual IPs like before?

Andy
06-11-2012, 19:11
Quote Originally Posted by menno
Yes I emailed them about this and pointed out the original board post saying the original server ip and 3 failover ip's would be free , and they replied saying that we will be charged for the 3 failover IPs, and that they will update the board post! Which they have now done. Bloody cheeky if you ask me.
Definitely. I only use a second IP for my DNS and a 2nd FTP server otherwise I wouldn't have it... They should give us at least 2 IP's for DNS reasons and server migration if nothing else.

LawsHosting
06-11-2012, 17:43
Good we return unused IP/blocks separately, but charging for the FREE 4 failovers? Do what?

Edit:

Just returned my 2 new blocks If I'd known I'd get charged, I wouldn't have ordered..... Oh well.

Mark1978
06-11-2012, 16:52
It's a fair price, as long as it stays at that.

Mind you hopefully we will have all our servers behind firewall / vrack soon anyway so won't need tonnes of public ips.

Tz-OVH
06-11-2012, 16:45
Got this today
Dear Customer,

As announced a month ago on mailing lists and on our forum (http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6276), we have decided to change the invoicing of IPv4 and RIPE IP Blocks, following the
low number of IPv4 addresses still available.

From 6th December 2012, additional IPv4 addresses will be charged at the rate of GBP 0.90 excl.VAT per month.

An additional IPv4 is an IP that is not the primary IP of the server, including:

- The IP FailOver
- The IP part of a RIPE Block

In return, the RIPE Block set up fees disappear.

Today you currently have the following list of IP FailOver(s) and/or
RIPE Blocks attached to your customer account XXXXXXX-OVH:

XXXXXXXX.ovh.net

If you do not want to be charged for an IP from 6th December, you can return it today from your manager by following link:

https://www.ovh.co.uk/managerv3/

You can also return a RIPE block.

menno
06-11-2012, 16:43
I just got the e-mail to say one of my IP's will now be charged for. Forgive me if I'm wrong but it says the 3 IP failovers you get with the server will not be charged for, correct? Well, I'm only using one and it now says I will be charged for it.

True as it is I have moved this between several OVH servers but it's still one of my 3 failover IP's.

Please advise...
Yes I emailed them about this and pointed out the original board post saying the original server ip and 3 failover ip's would be free , and they replied saying that we will be charged for the 3 failover IPs, and that they will update the board post! Which they have now done. Bloody cheeky if you ask me.

seedhost
06-11-2012, 16:00
Dear OVH,

What will become of our current RIPE Blocks?Will they say and we'll be charged accordingly?

Furthermore, Can we make blocks of 4 and 8 like we used to?

Thank you,
SeedHost

yonatan
06-11-2012, 15:52
I just got the e-mail to say one of my IP's will now be charged for. Forgive me if I'm wrong but it says the 3 IP failovers you get with the server will not be charged for, correct? Well, I'm only using one and it now says I will be charged for it.

True as it is I have moved this between several OVH servers but it's still one of my 3 failover IP's.

Please advise...
+1
same thing here.
got this message about a server which has in fact only 3 addon IPs

Andy
06-11-2012, 14:25

We will therefore modify some options
for dedicated servers for a softer landing:

- The main IP of the server, VPS and VKS is not charged

- 3 IP included are not charged

- the use of professional option is kept at £15/month, £50 for HG

- The IPs failover are £1/month
Today you currently have the following list of IP FailOver(s) and/or
RIPE Blocks attached to your customer account ******-OVH:

ns202921.ovh.net

Please advise...

sircolin
06-11-2012, 14:19
So im on kimsufi i have two extra ripe blocks (16 ips)

i currently pay i think £49.99+ vat or something plus £15 +vat for the pro options.

how will this bill look on December? as always im confused with this notice.

col

Thelen
04-10-2012, 06:30
Yep v6 only will very soon become reality for VPS, then dedicated.

Anyone know why the split to failover button isn't working for my RIPE block? i have sent a ticket..

Myatu
03-10-2012, 23:35
Suggestion: Can we have IPv6-only options? And of course, I mean that it should also be a bit more lucrative to choose an IPv6-only server opposed to one that comes with both

Reasoning: In a number of instances, I do not have the need for IPv4 connectivity - IPv6 is sufficient. Those would be "wasting" an IPv4 address for no reason.

marks
03-10-2012, 11:17
Quote Originally Posted by cartwright118
I found that I could only order 3 single failover IP's. Should I want anymore I have to buy a ripe block. That is still the case now, even with the new guidelines.
yes, that's the case. After 3 free IPs (for pro servers), You gotta get the professional use for more IPs.

For kimsufi servers, you always pay £1 per IP per month, up to a max of 32 IPs (the price is the same that will be applied to the 2013 range, by the way)

cartwright118
03-10-2012, 09:37
I found that I could only order 3 single failover IP's. Should I want anymore I have to buy a ripe block. That is still the case now, even with the new guidelines.

Christian

Thelen
28-09-2012, 14:38
Yea I knew that, I just thought you could only have max of 3 extras at 1/month... certainly this changes a lot :

LawsHosting
28-09-2012, 14:24
What, you can have 30 extra IPs on kimsufi?
Although, of course there's a monthly price per IP
**: £1.00 p/m per IP

Thelen
28-09-2012, 08:08
What, you can have 30 extra IPs on kimsufi? Is that still the case with 2013 plans from .fr?

ExW
27-09-2012, 22:42
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
These changes will be implemented in
few days, with the range in 2013.
Does that mean we will get the 2013 range of servers in next few days?

LawsHosting
27-09-2012, 19:23
Quote Originally Posted by marks
As far as I know, there are many customers that run VPS on kimsufi servers, that's nothing to do with this change. Kimsufi 16G and 24G are quite popular for that.
Running VPS's on Kimsufi's is ok if only you want 30 (33) per server - i.e can only have 30 ipv4 ip's.... Which I assume you could push more than 30 (33) VPS's on the higher spec (assuming you use ipv6), although I could be talking bollox?

Shame that the 'pro' option has gone from Kimsufi's.

marks
27-09-2012, 10:27
Does this apply to Kimsufi, if so, finally we can do VPS on them
no, kimsufi stays the same.

As far as I know, there are many customers that run VPS on kimsufi servers, that's nothing to do with this change. Kimsufi 16G and 24G are quite popular for that.

marks
27-09-2012, 10:26
oops .. there was an error that crept into
the announcement. there is no change in
PROFESSIONAL use.
It's £15/month except for HG, which is £50/month.

Really sorry for the mistake, which is that Pro use
stays as it's been so far.

Thelen
27-09-2012, 06:58
Does this apply to Kimsufi, if so, finally we can do VPS on them

jonlewi5
26-09-2012, 15:44
GOOGLE TRANSLATE TRANSLATION

Hello,
As you know, there is more at RIPE IPv4. Specifically: there is more free IPv4. Opposite our competitors, who have chosen to charge for IPv4 for some time now, we have continued to provide the IP free until the last moment. The time now is (c). Well, it has now come to the end of the skein of wool IPv4 free. And we must begin a new period where IPv4 are paying. The cost to IPv4 will allow us to purchase new blocks of IPv4 and offer you as much as ever you need for your projects. seen So the redemption price IPv4 blocks on the market, we decided to set the price at 1E/mois/IPv4 so we align our competitors. modulate We'll just options to dedicated servers that landing gently - the IP server, VPS, VKS is not charged - IP 3 are not charged included - professional use 0e/mois passes - the IP failover are 1E/mois - failover IP blocks are 1E/mois/IP with the minimum size of a block / 28 (16IP). whether you have a / 24 and you want to keep one IP (the worst case), you can split the / 24 in that it takes to recover your final IP in a / 28. become independent blocks of servers. - KVM is 0E/mois (if available EG / MG / HG) - Baie Virtual 0E/mois/serveur and it remains more than 30E/mois VLAN for all servers - NAS-HA is directly available These changes will be implemented in a few days, with the range in 2013. Regards Octave

oles@ovh.net
26-09-2012, 15:14
Hello,

As you know, there is no more RIPE IPv4.

More precisely, there is no more free IPv4. In contrast to our competitors who have chosen to charge IPv4 for some time now, we
have continued to provide them free until the last moment. That moment is here.

Therefore, we come to the end of free IPv4. And must begin a new period where IPv4 are charged for.

The cost associated with IPv4 will allow us to buy new IPv4 blocks and offer you always as much as you need for your projects.

And therefore, once we've checked the price of IPv4 blocks in the market, we decided to set the price at £0.90/month/IPv4 and thus, align ourselves with our competitors.

- The IP of the server, VPS and VKS is not charged

- The IPs failover are £0.90/month

- IP failover blocks are £0.90/month/IP. If you have a /24 and you want to keep 1 IP (the worst case scenario), you can divide the /24 block as much as you want to finally end up with your IP in a /28 block. Blocks become independent of the servers.

- KVM is £0/month (if available EG/MG/HG)

- vRack £0/month/server and for vLan, it remains £26.99/month for all servers

- NAS-HA is directly available

These changes will be implemented in few days, with the range in 2013.

Regards,

Octave