OVH Community, your new community space.

The Hackers

Andy
01-08-2008, 13:23
Quote Originally Posted by phillip
There's no place in the manager to put in your mobile number. When I signed up I wasn't asked for it. How can give OVH my mobile number for SMS verification?
This isn't activated yet. It will be done next week from what we have been told.

phillip
01-08-2008, 13:11
There's no place in the manager to put in your mobile number. When I signed up I wasn't asked for it. How can give OVH my mobile number for SMS verification?

Andy
31-07-2008, 12:17
Translation

Good morning,
With the increase of fraud, unpaid and payments with
cards stolen, we dug up the famous "axe" Ovhache.

The result:
Some 140 servers were closed. Mainly because they were
ordered by the network of 15-20 hackers who pay with cards
Banking stolen. These servers are used for scans, accommodation
phishing page (to get new CB), and spammer
other abuses. And therefore relatively easy to detect. With each server
closed, we recovered in our logs network (netflow) and we
have cut all IPs who are connected to these servers and then
find other servers gang. Also, we implemented
immediate implementation rescue in case of scans. Until then, setting rescue
was manual. It is now automatic. The alerts at P2P
Public are automatically enforced closure of a server and rupture
contract. We had 4 attacks since the beginning of the week have allowed
find a few more servers gang.

Yesterday we set up the new command for dedicated servers.
The orders were taken and blocked in order to check one by one if
is a true customer or a hackeur. Such verification will be maintained
for the moment and therefore may cause some delay in delivery (
time on that validates the payment after a thorough verification). And therefore
8 payments were cancelled this morning carried out by the gang of hackers.
We have therefore decided to systematic verification by SMS
all new customers and clients Ovh since January 1, 2008. The
customers older than 31 December 2007 have not authentication SMS
to be carried out.

In short, the situation is stabilized and under control.

We appreciate the assistance of one of our colleagues in this cleansing. On
believes that a common database to a few large hosts would
interesting to put in place ... that tell the CNIL? The case is in
course.

Yours
Octave

oles@ovh.net
31-07-2008, 11:52
Good morning,

With the increase of fraud, unpaid and payments with stolen cards, we dug up the famous "axe" Ovhache.

The result:
Some 140 servers were closed. Mainly because they were ordered by a network of 15-20 hackers who pay with stolen cards. These servers are used for scans, to host phishing sites (to get new Credit Card), spammers and other abuses. Therefore they are relatively easy to detect. With each server closed, we recovered in our network logs (netflow) and we have cut all IPs that were connected to these servers and found other servers gang. Also, we implemented immediate rescue-mode in case of scans. Until now, setting rescue-mode was manual. It is now automatic. The alerts at P2P Public are automatically enforced closure of a server and breach of contract. We had 4 attacks since the beginning of the week that allowed us to find a few more server gangs.

Yesterday we set up the new order system for dedicated servers. The orders were taken and blocked in order to check them one and
discover whether it's is a real customer or a hacker. Such verification will be maintained for the moment and therefore may cause some delay in delivery (time on that validates the payment after a thorough verification). Therefore 8 payments were cancelled this morning that were made by gangs of hackers. We have therefore decided to systematicaly verify by SMS all new customers and clients at Ovh since January 1, 2008. Customers older than 31 December 2007 will not have to authenticate via SMS.

In short, the situation is stabilized and under control. We appreciate the assistance of one of our colleagues in this cleansing. On
believes that a common database for a few large hosts would be interesting to put in place ... that tell CNIL? (equivalent of the ICO).
This is in review.

Regards,

Octave