OVH Community, your new community space.

Raid Arrays

Ronin
06-03-2008, 20:30
Frankly, if I was concerned about data loss, I wouldn't be using a stripe to begin with. I don't need the redudancy, and if I lose the data, that's my fault, not anybody else's. Hell, I'd even sign a waiver to the fact that OVH is not responsible for the data if a drive were to fail, only responsible to swap out the drive. In addition, if you could respond to my ticket, that would be great.

Spac3
06-03-2008, 20:25
Marco, do you have a link too the german forum where it was fixed soo we can port the translation over and see if any of us gets it too work.

Cheers

Marco
06-03-2008, 19:09
On a raid Hard, OVH cannot tell to the customers how this work as in the past OVH has got some legal issues, as the procedure can result in a complete loss of data. The customer is the only responsible for his data. Hopefully, with the opening of this thread, somebody could give a proper answer. I will personally look forward on this matter to know if on the forum would be possible to provide further details. I personally know that on the German forum this matter has already been tackled.

Ronin
06-03-2008, 16:55
ns201120.ovh.net

loststryk
06-03-2008, 09:54
Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
Has anyone successfully taken a linux installation and transformed the raid1 that is default on dual drive machines into a raid0? Every time I've done it, I get a kickback error on the cp on reinstall that says:

4 Copy of the system 7:11 error

System installation hasn't been successful.

For information, this is the error message :

Error during copy: Unable to make lilo

I've done everything I can think of to make it work, but it just won't. Even if I could remove the array itself so that I could get used out of both drives, that would be movement forward.

In addition, this ultimately requires OVH intervention, as basically, you have no OS on the box (although, I've considered putting Win x64 temporarily).

I'd appreciate any insight or thoughts on the situation.
i have tried to work this out to, all i get are errors we ended up speaking to the technical staff but even that didn't help, not sure if it was the language barrier or there lack of knowledge.

Bruno
06-03-2008, 07:50
Server name ?

Ronin
06-03-2008, 05:22
Has anyone successfully taken a linux installation and transformed the raid1 that is default on dual drive machines into a raid0? Every time I've done it, I get a kickback error on the cp on reinstall that says:

4 Copy of the system 7:11 error

System installation hasn't been successful.

For information, this is the error message :

Error during copy: Unable to make lilo

I've done everything I can think of to make it work, but it just won't. Even if I could remove the array itself so that I could get used out of both drives, that would be movement forward.

In addition, this ultimately requires OVH intervention, as basically, you have no OS on the box (although, I've considered putting Win x64 temporarily).

I'd appreciate any insight or thoughts on the situation.