OVH Community, your new community space.

X2GO graphics problems?

pcoventry
08-11-2012, 06:18
Thanks for the advice Neil but it didn't work for me. I got the main X2go screen then the actual server window opens then closes then the session ends.

Ill stick with xrdp which is working okay and will be fine once I get my fibre line back

Thank though I appreciate it - I never knew that could be done so i've learnt something

pcoventry
07-11-2012, 18:54
Thanks Neil,

Ill try that too. I can't evaluate either really as my fibre line went down last night and wont be back up until next Wednesday - and on 3G RDP and X2go struggle.

Ill let you know as and when I can try it - but I appreciate it

Neil
07-11-2012, 10:24
Hi

It might work better under x2go with the command "gnome-session --session=gnome-classic", see http://help.ovh.co.uk/x2goUbuntuDesktop

pcoventry
06-11-2012, 21:37
thank you I will try that now.

No I hate using it but I thought it was the only way!

Thank you that's worked a treat!.

It said it couldn't find gnome-session-fallback but it's working ok

Myatu
06-11-2012, 19:30
I really don't like X2Go, to be honest. But you can install xrdp on the server, so you can use Windows' Remote Desktop if you wish:

Code:
sudo apt-get install xrdp
If you're still experiencing problems, install gnome-session-fallback:

Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome-session-fallback
It should allow you to fall-back to 2D graphics, but you can also force it with:

Code:
echo "gnome-session --session=ubuntu-2d" > /home/[username]/.xsession
where [username] is the actual username you login to the server, of course.

pcoventry
06-11-2012, 17:01
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/servervy.jpg/

I get this even when I am connecting to the server on fibre - My graphics card has no other problems. There are so many x2go options i dont know which one is the right one to choose.

I was seeing if I could use the remote viewer here.

Webpages are also a mashup - it's not the server it's the software I am sure of it.

I am on 10.4 and before someone asks why I have not upgraded to 12.4LTS - simple!

Server won't run it!

pcoventry
06-11-2012, 16:54
Anyone else having problems if you use X2GO?

My graphics are missing half the time. I had a dedi where I just used windows desktop connection - is there a way to set this up on the mini 2Gs?

thanks!