OVH Community, your new community space.

Creating VPS with ipv6

Myatu
23-11-2012, 19:40
Quote Originally Posted by wii89
How do you setup IPV6 On a windows server 2008?
if you have radvd running, and Windows is inside a VM, then it should obtain it automatically. Otherwise, the settings should be under Control Panel -> Network Connections, right click on the Network Interface, select Properties - find Microsoft TCP/IP version 6 in the protocols, then click the Properties button to enter the details.

Quote Originally Posted by RikT
I have got the server yet I was just wondering if there is a way to do it with proxmox or exsi as i always seem to fail with virtualbox lol, my linux knowledge is somewhat limited

Ah! For ESXi, have a read through these: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/mic...rnalId=1021769 - it's fairly straight forward. IPv6 is a bit more involved to get it up and running on Proxmox.

RikT
23-11-2012, 18:55
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Not sure what you're using for virtualisation, but you can simply use radvd on the bridge that connects the VMs together.
I have got the server yet I was just wondering if there is a way to do it with proxmox or exsi as i always seem to fail with virtualbox lol, my linux knowledge is somewhat limited

wii89
23-11-2012, 11:25
How do you setup IPV6 On a windows server 2008?

Myatu
23-11-2012, 05:40
Not sure what you're using for virtualisation, but you can simply use radvd on the bridge that connects the VMs together.

RikT
22-11-2012, 21:45
Hi
Was wondering if its possible to setup a couple of vps on a server and just have ipv6 addresses allocated to them as I can see no option for it in virtual macs.
If its possible I wonder if someone maybe able to do a quick tutorial on how to do it.

This would be greatly appreciated