OVH Community, your new community space.

New HG option - 600GB SSD

Thelen
20-12-2012, 03:25
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
Except users going in for an HG server aren't just in it for raw speed, they need high reliability as well.

Honestly, the news about 600GB SSDs is maybe going to translate into a fraction of forum users going for it, since those users of HG servers are few and far between.
And consumer grade SSDs are less reliable? Nonsense. Maybe if you are talking EOL then of course, but who is going to shell out for a server and not be using RAID and still be using it in 5 years time?

raxxeh
16-12-2012, 12:08
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
Except users going in for an HG server aren't just in it for raw speed, they need high reliability as well.

Honestly, the news about 600GB SSDs is maybe going to translate into a fraction of forum users going for it, since those users of HG servers are few and far between.
I have an XL at the moment, but would have picked up a HG with multiple high performance ssd's in it.

the HG servers aren't that great at all, the HG network is pretty piss weak, and the OVH stock kernels are a disaster too (own kernel = 700MB/s wget, OVH kernel = ~100MB/s wget)

I'm still yet to get past 250MB/s unless its from proof.ovh.net.

Tz-OVH
16-12-2012, 11:05
Quote Originally Posted by raxxeh
This.

I was just thinking that those transfer speeds are....laughable. At best.

The samsung 830s are cheaper and easily twice as fast.

raxxeh
16-12-2012, 10:31
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
Honestly I think most people would prefer consumer grade SSDs to server grade, the performance is far better and the cost a lot less. Perhaps an option for either?

This.

I was just thinking that those transfer speeds are....laughable. At best.

The samsung 830s are cheaper and easily twice as fast.

Thelen
16-12-2012, 07:36
Honestly I think most people would prefer consumer grade SSDs to server grade, the performance is far better and the cost a lot less. Perhaps an option for either?

marks
14-12-2012, 11:55
Hi all,

In recent weeks, some customers have told us their need
both large storage volumes without making concessions
on their performance on HG.
We looked for an answer to these two points and now we offer the
Intel 320 series 600GB SSD disks.

Some figures:
Sequential read - 270 MB/s
Sequential write - 220 MB/s
Read latency - 75 Ás