OVH Community, your new community space.

Paypal charges against their ToS

Kode
04-01-2013, 13:08
Just to clarify, if paypal charges are above those of their other payment processors, I'm not averse to paying the difference, I just don't want OVH getting their account suspended due to a misunderstanding.

Kode
04-01-2013, 12:52
The account is a business account so that won't work for me Kacotet, but thanks.

If paypal are ok with it then no problems, I just thought that their terms of service said you could change a processing fee but not if you don't for other forms of payment, i.e. you can charge a processing fee for credit cards and paypal, but you couldn't charge a processing fee for paypal but not for cards, but maybe I'm wrong, or they have changed it.

From what I understood, they don't mind you charging a fee as long as the user isn't penalised for choosing to pay by paypal rather than another payment processor.

macole111
04-01-2013, 11:52
Using their card means no fees for personal transactions (as does using a bank direct debit or paypal balance) but for business transactions they all have a fee.

It is annoying, but the convenience of PayPal is worth the 50p a month or whatever it costs me. I don't really like how OVH are the only people that charge extra for it, but it would be better if they could offer a credible alternative (that Barclays thingy is horrible). They keep saying they are going to change, I hope that is soon.

-macole111

Kacotet
04-01-2013, 09:16
In the UK? Get a PayPal debit card. No fees.

Neil
03-01-2013, 16:56
Hi

It may not be in all countries, but contract between OVH UK and PayPal UK allows us to charge for the PayPal processing fee, PayPal UK are fully aware of this.

Kode
03-01-2013, 15:02
I recently paid for 2 servers for a year which came to a total of £1511.71, I then had to pay an additional £21 to use paypal (as the funds are in the paypal account this is what I have to use), whereas there is no charge for card payments, I'm 99% sure this is against paypals terms of service...