OVH Community, your new community space.

Migration to OVH &

alex
05-01-2013, 21:43
You can buy a big RIPE IP block and move them between all your OVH servers, these are in ranges.
max 32 IPs per server is not big RIPE.

Virtual Racks - I want all my servers in one place (Even if it is Virtually) leaseweb host my servers in 2 seperate racks 20 to a rack, LT have my servers in 1 VLAN and 1 Rack
cost more than 15 per month - as it's part "professional usage" you need to add additional 26.99 extra = 41.99 and you need to buy the EG, MG, HG servers

Monaro
05-01-2013, 21:31
Nothing so fancy, its all backups more or less i dont delete i archive always have, but at almost 3 grand a month i cant afford to keep it up with leaseweb and layered tech

macole111
05-01-2013, 21:20
Your welcome.

That is a monster of a 'personal use'!

Running some sort of compute cluster are we? :P

-macole111

Monaro
05-01-2013, 20:55
macole111 Thanks for your reply.

Thats kills and covers alot of birds and other questions by association, so thank you very much for your time.

Now over to the Dedi Forum, for 2 more questions hehe, I hate research ahhhhhhhhhhh but if they come good OVH could get a monster order monday morning.

Cheers

macole111
05-01-2013, 20:46
Welcome to the forums!

1. I can run OVH SIP fine on my 5mpbs home BT internet connection, although I have heard there are some problems with VM I can't say I seen any (not that I use VM very much)

2. I think you can rent them out as part of the contract, but you can just use any standard VOIP phone (including a PBX or softphones, I use 3CX)

3. If they are proper OVH servers (i.e not Kimsufis) then you can have a Virtual Rack with all the machines in. You need a 15 a month extra professional use fee though per server to use V racks though.

4. It is all free I think, especially in a vrack.

5. You can buy a big RIPE IP block and move them between all your OVH servers, these are in ranges.

Hope this helps!

-macole111

Monaro
05-01-2013, 17:51
3 Months ago i took out my first OVH Server to test, a month later i purchased Kimsufi and last month our first SP server.

With more than 30 servers hosted at Leaseweb and 10 more at LayeredTech migration will be done slowly, i hope to half the server count and reduce my costs by 75%, but first things first some questions, if you have the answers please feel free to answer on OVH Behalf.

1. VOIP - Will it work with VM 100MBPS connection? There site specifys ADSL, ive read plenty of posts about VM and OVH VOIP but there not exactly specific.

2. VOIP Phones - Do OVH Sell/Rent these to consumers?

3. Virtual Racks - I want all my servers in one place (Even if it is Virtually) leaseweb host my servers in 2 seperate racks 20 to a rack, LT have my servers in 1 VLAN and 1 Rack.

4. Internal Data - Does data transmitted between my servers count against my traffic??? LT only count the traffic over my outbound VLAN Port, and Leaseweb dont.

5. Can i specify (on the assumption im going to half my server count) all the servers have an IP from within the same range (Ill be needing 2 IP's per Server)

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

R
Mark