OVH Community, your new community space.

Low transfer speeds since November 2012

bart613
28-01-2013, 13:42
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
I have also observed this. My friend in Sweden, no matter the time of day, can never exceed 10Mbps per connection, though I have seen people on my FTP doing faster so it doesn't affect everyone. I just can't narrow it down to who or where.
Weird. Just yesterday, I've got 16Mbit/s connection at home. Transferring files from Hetzner - 14.5Mbit/s, transferring from my Kimsufi OVH 6.3Mbit/s, SP16G 6.8Mbit/s (average speeds).

Eventhough according to traceroute the packets fly through LINX directly to OVH. OVH's weathermap did not indicate even 50% network load on OVH - LINX link.

There's something fishy going on, I hope they sort it out (or be a bit more public about it) soon before it's too late... One of the reasons why I picked OVH was exactly network quality and speeds, now the biggest (and pretty much the only) advantage seems to be gone.

Monaro
26-01-2013, 22:29
If your a VM Customer theres your answer, VM have changed something somewhere, its ment i have to use a download manager now to max my 120mb connection, whereas before maxing it was simple.

Andy
24-01-2013, 13:31
I have also observed this. My friend in Sweden, no matter the time of day, can never exceed 10Mbps per connection, though I have seen people on my FTP doing faster so it doesn't affect everyone. I just can't narrow it down to who or where.

bart613
24-01-2013, 11:21
Since November 2012 I've started observing much lower transfer speeds from all OVH servers I've got. The remote location doesn't matter, it just seems as single connection is capped at 10Mbit/s (or close to it as I'm getting 1.2MByte/s). When I utilise multi-stream download tools, like axel, I'm able to get full speed (100Mbit/s or even more on some servers).

The speeds within OVH network are not affected, affected are only speeds going out of OVH network.

The same thing has been observed across the whole board by OVH PL users (and widely discussed on their forums).

I was wondering whether anyone has observed similar thing.