OVH Community, your new community space.

Grow a NAS partition?

razorruss
06-02-2013, 14:33
Interesting. I guess another option is something along the FreeNAS lines.

I was hoping to find a managed solution, but I guess if you want a job done properly, you should always do it yourself

Myatu
06-02-2013, 14:30
You could use GlusterFS, which you can spread over OVH servers. Whenever you need more space, you simply add another server (a "brick") to the cluster. It is also fault tolerant (provided you have 2 or more servers), to a level you specify - ie., one copy of the data, two copies, three... So a server can crash/die, without affecting the data.

razorruss
06-02-2013, 14:23
Hmm. That's not good.

Any other suggestions for scalable HA storage? Right now we use Amazon S3 but we want to keep the data right on the server(s) rather than calling an API to get the data.

Neil
06-02-2013, 14:21
Hi

No it is not possible, you would need to order the new bigger NAS and copy the data over.

razorruss
06-02-2013, 12:45
Hi,

We are planning on ordering some NAS space. The big question we have (we cannot find the answer anywhere) is: can you expand the NAS size? We want to start with the 1.2TB plan, but later on can we "grow" this disk if we upgrade our plan to 2 or more TB?

We ideally need all this space on one partition/disk rather than having the storage spread across multiple mount points.

Regards,
Russ