OVH Community, your new community space.

Multi Domains

blacklogic.112
09-06-2014, 14:37
It makes the process of adding extra domains to your site for you and your users to choose from incredibly easy, allows you to select whether they should be public (available to anyone) or private (super admins only), works perfectly with our existing domain mapping plugin and is completely cookie ready - so single sign on will work across domains.

And we';re looking into building in Membership and Supporter features to it now too

marks
20-08-2013, 12:18
Quote Originally Posted by vladinc
i did for both..
I do point it to the ip of the main domain , right?
yes, the secondary domain you're trying to configure with the multidomain has to point to the IP of the hosting package.

Thanks

vladinc
16-08-2013, 20:18
i did for both..
I do point it to the ip of the main domain , right?

Neil
16-08-2013, 10:43
Hi

Make sure you add one with www and one without, and make sure it is the correct IP as well.

vladinc
16-08-2013, 07:41
how do you set it up exactly.
I have created an A record pointing to the server IP .. but I keep getting the webmail interface..

Neil
13-02-2013, 17:12
Hi

Yes the Personal Hosting package supports Multi Domain names. Please note though it is only for hosting websites and not email addresses. but you could have more than one WordPress blog running.

Bill Carson
13-02-2013, 16:54
Can anyone tell me if using "The Personal Plan" does the "Multi Domain" option work?. I want to point a couple of domains to the personal plan, and although it says its included, when you read further it says "This offer is exclusive to people who own one of the following web hosting plans: the 90plan, 240plan, 720plan, mediaplan or xxlplan". I want to host a couple of Wordpress sites and although it only comes with one mysql database, I can share it by using different database prefixes.
Thanks in advance.