OVH Community, your new community space.

Installing Server 2003 via vKVM

everwicked
06-11-2009, 19:22
Anyone interested in installing Windows, please take a look here: http://forums.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?p=23229

Russarch
07-09-2008, 00:44
Im in the same Situation as you Nimrod,

Although ive got a 100% Genuine copy of Windows 2003, i don't have the Certificate of Authenticity as i received mine directly from Microsoft via my university.
hxxp://www.msdnaa.net/
Any thought anyone ??

regards

Russ

Nimrod
11-08-2008, 12:40
Quote Originally Posted by IainK
technically, you could falsify passing Windows Validation with a crack.
I'm sure if you scanned them a copy of your Certificate of Authenticity they could say nothing against it!
Dreamspark users dont get a Certificate of Authenticity, thats the problem.

Dreamspark: https://downloads.channel8.msdn.com/

Zoom
08-08-2008, 02:19
So can anyone tell me how to load the CD/image into the server in KVM mode, last time I tried to load the ubuntu image, its messed up saying some error.

IainK
08-08-2008, 01:11
technically, you could falsify passing Windows Validation with a crack.
I'm sure if you scanned them a copy of your Certificate of Authenticity they could say nothing against it!

Nimrod
08-08-2008, 00:10
Will they do this for people?

Wouldn't it be possible to just do a Windows Server install via their manager, and then change the license within it with a CD key changer and then proving to them it passes Windows Validation?

IainK
05-08-2008, 15:24
Hey Andy,
I had even less success trying to install Windows Server 08 via vKVM. I think there's something about the virtualized drivers setup does not like.
I think the only way around this would be to have OVH manually install it or install a copy from their system and change the cd key.

Nimrod
04-08-2008, 19:28
Heya,

I got the all clear from OVH to install my own licensed copy of Windows Server 2003 so I didnt have to pay their expensive windows licenses fees!

So I put the server into vKVM mode to begin installing, fed it the ISO and windows setup loaded:

Then once that had done (the blue setup) and it was preparing to launch the main setup, I got this message:

At this point I cant do anything except reboot the vKVM. Clicking login again just gives the same error message about connection reset, its like its just died.

Anyone else had any luck and know how to get past this first step?

Cheers,

Andy.