OVH Community, your new community space.

O2/Be Broadband/Lines sold to Sky

makno
16-03-2013, 20:13
i am on BE, moved to BE from Plusnet (getting ****ty line uptimes) turned out the same problem was with BE... and why? It's because the line is damaged and BT which owns the line is not fixing it. No point for me in changing unless i move home lol

Myatu
14-03-2013, 17:07
Seems Plusnet is doing a promotional in response to that, hah!

RikT
14-03-2013, 11:36
Quote Originally Posted by Nettus
I do miss virgin media tho. But dont miss the hidden fees! and looks like they are being sold as well.
yeah seems your are right on that

http://www.lgi.com/pdf/press-release...nouncement.pdf

Nettus
14-03-2013, 01:43
I'm with talktalk and no problems, getting a faster speed on adsl then back in the pipex days, pipex home call i was with, was getting just 1mb - 2mb with them. But with talktalk im getting 13mb. and havent had a single problem with them yet.... p2p works fine. streaming etc, I guess im one of the lucky ones lol.

I do miss virgin media tho. But dont miss the hidden fees! and looks like they are being sold as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Talk Talk are a lot worse now than they were years ago. I know a few people whose parents chose them so my mates have no influence over what they use, and they hate it.

Everyone I know on BT has never been throttled per say, and now it's unlimited with no throttling except P2P during peak times I'm happy with that by far. I do all my P2P on RSS feeds anyway so speed doesn't bother me during peak times.

Still, each to their own, but you can't say you weren't warned

Andy
12-03-2013, 18:49
It's on the BE forums that BE customers will eventually become Sky customers. They reckoned about 6 months before that started to happen. This is one of the reasons I moved, because Sky broadband is reportedly getting awful. That along with BT's recent no throttling or restrictions policy and FTTC coming to my area in a few months (for the 4th time now), I thought I'd move to BT to avoid issues later.

LawsHosting
12-03-2013, 18:39
I'm not moving yet as we (Be customers) haven't had any concrete news what will happen, it's all speculation - although I do see Sky becoming an a**e with what they'll do, they need a get-out clause if, as they state, "if you want broadband from us, rent your line with us or naff off".

I, for one, wouldn't like my BT line being taken over without a choice. Sod that.

Andy
12-03-2013, 15:52
Will do. I don't expect any issues except for the router arriving on the day the line gets activated. Knowing my luck I won't be in when it arrives and I'll be stuck without internet until the morning when I can pick it up! Still I do have my old router which I should be able to use to get online but we'll see.

Neil
12-03-2013, 15:47
I'm moving from BE, and got my code within 10 mins of the phone call (phone call took a while due to influx of people moving). Currently migrating to BT.
Cool, let us know how it goes.

Andy
12-03-2013, 12:30
I'm moving from BE, and got my code within 10 mins of the phone call (phone call took a while due to influx of people moving). Currently migrating to BT.

Neil
12-03-2013, 11:37
Has any one moved from o2 because of this, if so was it an easy move? No issues with Mac Codes?

unclebob
11-03-2013, 19:31
Cable and Wireless wholesale LLU is great if you can get it at your exchange. Truly unlimited, great latency and pretty cheap via Xilo.

jonlewi5
04-03-2013, 09:18
Some of us dont have a choice.....kingston communications ftw :/

to be honest, they arent that bad.
i get 14meg DSL, FTTH slowly being rolled out, no package shapping / traffic management AT ALL and i have no usage limit.

Kacotet
03-03-2013, 20:47
Everyone I know on BT has never been throttled per say, and now it's unlimited with no throttling except P2P during peak times I'm happy with that by far. I do all my P2P on RSS feeds anyway so speed doesn't bother me during peak times.
The new packages don't have any throttling. http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...d-usage-policy

Andy
03-03-2013, 17:25
Talk Talk are a lot worse now than they were years ago. I know a few people whose parents chose them so my mates have no influence over what they use, and they hate it.

Still, each to their own, but you can't say you weren't warned

macole111
03-03-2013, 13:00
I used to be with TalkTalk, a couple of years ago (before BT) and I never had any problems. I only moved to get FTTC when it was still a BT monopoly.

BT have screwed me over with one particular problem that was their fault, are were going to compensate me £100 for but ended up charging £100 which I managed to claim back eventually.

And all of their Indian call centre people are terrible. But I found if you call them up over and over and over again (0800 number) then you go straight to Leicester where you can get stuff done.

Whatever works for you though, oh and I don't think BT like you shoving lots of data through it, I have seen people being throttled. But they can't be as bad as Virgin.

-macole111

wii89
03-03-2013, 12:43
http://news.o2.co.uk/?press-release=...phony-business this is the official press release

Andy
03-03-2013, 12:36
Erm, might I suggest you don't go with Talk Talk. Obviously you haven't read around and discovered that they're the worst ISP in the UK? That their support is the worst in the UK? That their broadband performance is also the worst in the UK?

What issues have you had with BT exactly?

I don't have FTTC yet, and it's been pushed back 4 times, but it will arrive eventually.

macole111
03-03-2013, 12:28
Had no end of problems with BT. Moving to TalkTalk when I get around to it, much cheaper and their support can't be any worse.

My street is an island of non infinity coverage, it was meant to come summer 2011, still waiting. BT says it knows as much as me, I suspect it was the neighbors wanting to get the new box moved 'as it was blocking the view from their house' when a massive van is parked there anyway. But they put a new box in before Christmas, but still no FTTC!

Anyway, I'll be interested to see how it pans out.

-macole111

Andy
03-03-2013, 11:29
Already cancelled and making my way to BT. I refuse to give Murdoch any of my money.

At least on BT I get 6 months free and I can transfer to FTTC when it arrives.

LawsHosting
02-03-2013, 11:22
Thoughts?

I'm gutted to be honest... Although O2/Be had problems with routing, lack of IPv6, FTTC, I still think they were the best - well Be were the best until O2 bought them, then it all went pear shaped.

Now, they've copped-out instead of trying to fix things.

Oh well.