OVH Community, your new community space.

OVH Asking for ID?

Robtor
09-08-2008, 14:32
It's the same ordering almost anything online. Your billing address is the address the card is registered to, I'm guessing it's a small bit of security against someone randomly finding a card laying in the street. I'm also guessing you don't buy much online.

Andy
08-08-2008, 16:00
Quote Originally Posted by dem0n
Its been about 24hrs so far.. :-/ How long normally?
Within 30 days, but often it is completed within 1 week.

dem0n
08-08-2008, 14:08
Quote Originally Posted by BELLonline
Yeah I think they legally have to refund you within 30 days but I'm sure they will do it quicker than that.
Its been about 24hrs so far.. :-/ How long normally?

BELLonline
08-08-2008, 14:03
Yeah I think they legally have to refund you within 30 days but I'm sure they will do it quicker than that.

dem0n
08-08-2008, 14:01
Well, i've had to get a refund to re-order but i'm still waiting for the money to go back into my account.

I was told within 30days?

IainK
08-08-2008, 01:10
Yes setting up two nichandles is how to do this correctly!

BELLonline
07-08-2008, 17:36
You need to set up two handles, one with your billing address (for your card) and one for your normal address (on your driving license). Then you order the server using the handle with your normal address and you will see an option to add the billing contact (or something like that).

dem0n
07-08-2008, 16:54
The problem seems to be not with the Solo card but the cards details are not matching the details I gave them.

They don't seem to understand the fact that I live between 2 addresses...

I've said that I'll scan my driving licence to them but I think they will just end up getting confused at the conflicting addresses. I'll most likely need to give them a phone after sending them my ID.

What is annoying me is that they've already took the money out and I live in the UK (They know that) so I don't see why they need to ask for it anyway. Oh well...

Nettus
07-08-2008, 00:55
Some solo card's do have issue numbers on them depending which bank your with.

I have been asked for an issue number when buying things online? Where do I find it?

Not all Solo cards have an issue number – it depends on which bank your card comes from. If you do have one, it will be at the bottom of the card and will be clearly labelled eg. with the words “Iss” or “Issue”.
Taken from http://www.solocard.co.uk/faqs.asp#question5

So RikT you was saying ?

RikT
07-08-2008, 00:49
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
I would send them what they are asking for or your server will never be deployed. You could try phoning up tomorrow and explaining the situation. They may very well take the second address. All solo cards have an issue number, mine certainly does as do all of my friends solo cards.
Well For your information Solo cards DO NOT have issue numbers if yours do then they aint Solo Switch have issue numbers so does maestro but not solo I can tell you this as I work for a bank that issues solo cards

dem0n
06-08-2008, 20:02
The thing is I'm not sure if that's the problem or not, they've not explained that to me. I'll ask them if they will accept my other address.

And as far as I know some newer solo card's don't come with issue numbers. (Mine doesn't)

Andy
06-08-2008, 18:58
Quote Originally Posted by dem0n
I thought I would post it here since I want hear from others who have had this issue... I paid for a server using a UK Based Solo card. The payment seemed to have completed ok despite it erroring saying something about my issue number? (There is no issue number on this card)

Anyway, I was wondering if the reason they are asking for ID is because my card is registered at another address from what I've gave them? (Since I live between 2 houses I wasn't sure of the address of this card)

They are asking for a utility bill for my address I gave them (I don't pay the bills at this address) So can't I just give them my other address to confirm my details?
I would send them what they are asking for or your server will never be deployed. You could try phoning up tomorrow and explaining the situation. They may very well take the second address. All solo cards have an issue number, mine certainly does as do all of my friends solo cards.

dem0n
06-08-2008, 18:41
I thought I would post it here since I want hear from others who have had this issue... I paid for a server using a UK Based Solo card. The payment seemed to have completed ok despite it erroring saying something about my issue number? (There is no issue number on this card)

Anyway, I was wondering if the reason they are asking for ID is because my card is registered at another address from what I've gave them? (Since I live between 2 houses I wasn't sure of the address of this card)

They are asking for a utility bill for my address I gave them (I don't pay the bills at this address) So can't I just give them my other address to confirm my details?