OVH Community, your new community space.

P19, RPS and miniCloud

Iray
04-05-2013, 09:12
Sad news.. Could you add the option to allow us to download the image of the VM at least?

Thelen
04-05-2013, 05:58
Quote Originally Posted by incipient
I am absolutely heartbroken about this news.
From what I understand these were the last of the 100/100 unlimited servers, in which case I am furious that I'm forced to leave or buy an inferior service?

I've never seen a company punish their more loyal and early users. First I was promised a hard drive upgrade which was then cancelled. Then promised a yearly loyalty reward, which was abandoned. Now you're just telling me to leave or buy a lesser subscription?

To think of all the times over the years I told everyone how great the customer service is here....
Why should companies like OVH have to support unprofitable customers, even if they have been loyal (well especially if they have been loyal.. clearly if a customer is getting an awesome deal he'll stay a customer..)? You've saved thousands being with OVH...

NatdaS
03-05-2013, 11:59
[QUOTE=Y3K-Daniel;45694]Quick Google Translation until we get the official one (Delete when appropriate)

Y3K-Daniel your Google translation is gone!

incipient
02-05-2013, 19:25
I am absolutely heartbroken about this news.
From what I understand these were the last of the 100/100 unlimited servers, in which case I am furious that I'm forced to leave or buy an inferior service?

I've never seen a company punish their more loyal and early users. First I was promised a hard drive upgrade which was then cancelled. Then promised a yearly loyalty reward, which was abandoned. Now you're just telling me to leave or buy a lesser subscription?

To think of all the times over the years I told everyone how great the customer service is here....

Y3K-Daniel
02-05-2013, 18:58
Not to worry, I was planning on replacing the 2 servers I have in P19 anyway (though maybe not this soon)... they have been in there 5 years each so they haven't done bad

Well time to finalise the migration plans and get down to work...

QUESTION: To keep the server up to the end of June will I need to renew the last month on 1st June or is that included? The email isn't too clear.

Y3K-Daniel
02-05-2013, 18:49
Quick Google Translation until we get the official one (Delete when appropriate)

***DELETED***

oles@ovh.net
02-05-2013, 11:02
Hello,

Sometimes good things come to an end...

Yesterday we informed our P19 customers (yes, there were still 1200 servers in use, the oldest one being 12!)
that we will have to withdraw the leasing and hosting service for P19 dedicated servers.

The P19 datacentre will in fact be 10 ten years old in a few months and it will be progressively modernised to meet current technological standards. We will be using it exclusively for shared hosting, which runs on 4 major dedicated clouds.
We will be adding 4 more dedicated clouds in order to offer private shared hosting ...this will allow our customers to remain in a managed environment and to have dedicated private resources.
Works will begin in a few weeks and will last for 18 months (3 rooms need to be renovated and we estimate it will take 6 months to do this, then to manage the hosting migration between rooms).

p.s. the email service will be migrated from P19 to Gravelines starting at the end of the year. P19 is basically a small datacentre of only 12000 servers.

Since 2011, RPS is no longer being sold and for data security purposes, we wish to cease to provide this service to existing customers. The filerz are more than 3 years old and must be updated to avoid future incidents and eventual data losses. We'd prefer to end the service.

miniCloud will also be withdrawn for the exact same reasons as RPS. It was the 1st cloud infrastructure we created in 2011, and basically...it's not perfect.

p.s. PCI 2013 will be initially offered in Gravelines, then Strasbourg and Beauharnois.

We would like to thank our P19, RPS and miniCloud customers for trusting us all these years.
We currently have multiple services which respond to requirements of the 3 services soon to disappear:
KS, SP, EG, MG, HG, VPS, PCC, PCI etc.

For customers who have already payed in advance, you will be receive a refund in your prepaid account or via bank transfer.

Best wishes
Octave