OVH Community, your new community space.

What is the customer support e-mail SLA?

Keksz
31-05-2013, 21:56
Lol

K.Kode
31-05-2013, 18:48

UK1
31-05-2013, 16:39
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
I use Windows, so I don't use PuTTY, I use remote desktop. I use FTP to upload files.
Thanks, i didn't think of using remote desktop

Andy
31-05-2013, 16:38
I use Windows, so I don't use PuTTY, I use remote desktop. I use FTP to upload files.

UK1
31-05-2013, 16:37
I don't use any control panel.
Do you use Putty to upload files? The reason I ask is because I don't know how to upload files to my VPS. I've managed to install Apache but that's about it. Any ideas?

Andy
31-05-2013, 16:31
I don't use any control panel.

UK1
31-05-2013, 16:31
We're not talking about a cheap server here, I pay 84 a month for this server. If it were a cheapo server I wouldn't be complaining because it's expected.
o right. I have the 4.99 vps. What control panel do you use?

Andy
31-05-2013, 08:59
We're not talking about a cheap server here, I pay 84 a month for this server. If it were a cheapo server I wouldn't be complaining because it's expected.

UK1
30-05-2013, 20:03
Can't complain when it's only 4.99 for a VPS and 8.99 for a dedicated

LawsHosting
30-05-2013, 17:51
Quote Originally Posted by Mark1978
Yet if you call them up you get through to someone straight away.
Not everyone can use the phone, to a physical disability (like myself, I am dumb/mute/or whatever the PC is for it) or the like, so email/tickets are our only salvation. Yes, I use a minicom when I need the phone, however, some switchboards are incompatible for some reason.

Andy
30-05-2013, 15:53
Thank you Neil. I have received it and I am performing a backup.

I suppose I should publicly apologise as well as via e-mail. I do get very frustrated when things go wrong and I tend to outburst more than I should. However as I said via e-mail, your policies, in my opinion, still need looking at.

Mark1978, I am not in a position to call them whilst in work unfortunately. And since their support lines are only open when I work, that makes it difficult to get in touch any other way other than e-mail.

Mark1978
30-05-2013, 15:15
Yet if you call them up you get through to someone straight away.

Neil
30-05-2013, 15:10
Hi

It has been confirmed that the drive needs replacing, I reply to your email with all the details.

Andy
30-05-2013, 15:05
I clicked "start all tests" and after less than 30 seconds the server went down. I think that in itself indicates some form of problem. However I don't have the patience right now to deal with it so I am putting it back into HDD mode until I finish work.

Neil
30-05-2013, 15:04
Hello

Yes there was someone working on the server, there was a file system check being performed. It has been completed and the Rescue Mode email as has been sent.

Andy
30-05-2013, 15:00
Literally the second I posted this the rescue mode details came through so now I can get the logs you needed. That took 2 hours...

Andy
30-05-2013, 15:00
Neil, you're not listening. The file check was done 6 hours ago and the server came back up. Since then you have asked me to put it into netboot mode to do a further HDD check, which I attempted to do. The technician did not close the ticket and therefore the system will not let me reboot the server to get it into netboot mode or to bring it back online using the HDD, but before I knew this I had already manually shut the server down. It's currently sat there powered off. There is no technician doing any work on this server at all.

Please allow me to perform the reboot so I can get the logs you need to get the disk replaced.

Neil
30-05-2013, 14:55
Hi

Since we are the ones that respond to emails and calls, Monday - Friday, 24 hours is the guide that we give, there has never been an SLA for email. Emails and tickets do go back to the same person. We need logs to replace a disk as you know, and Rescue Mode gives us those logs.

Since your server is doing a file system check there is nothing we can do, current log was this:
2013-05-30 06:29:20 116000 / 606000 files done.

Once your Windows server has completed this it will be back online.

Andy
30-05-2013, 14:32
Neil,

24 hours for e-mail support is outright disgusting, it really is. How can you even justify that length of time? I know for a fact there is no way you have that many people to reply to that it would even take you that long to reply. If you do, then OVH's support is being run in completely the wrong way. When a tech replies, it should be assigned to them to reply to for the remainder of the ticket being open. If this were the case, 1 hour would be the maximum response time, not 24.

The disk check finished over 6 hours ago. The technician hasn't looked at it since presumably because he's gone home after the night shift.

The server IS offline and has not been responding to pings for over 2 hours now because I tried to put it into netboot as YOU REQUESTED and it has not come up into netboot and I can't reboot it.

What am I supposed to do? Can you understand why I am so pissed off and frustrated over this?

I expect a 10% refund as of this point.

Neil
30-05-2013, 14:27
Hi

Email does not have an SLA but aim to respond in 24 Hours, currently I see there is an intervention on your dedicated server this because when you did a reboot your server went into a file system check, so we will just have to wait for this to finish.

Regarding the SLA on the website, Level 1 is the server is offline not responding to pings, so an immediate alert in the datacentre, like what has happened right now.

Anything else is Level 2.

Andy
30-05-2013, 14:26
2 hours...

Andy
30-05-2013, 13:25
Now over 1 hour. You can't possibly tell me you have so many people to reply to that it takes this long to get back to someone? If you do, you urgently need more support staff because this is ridiculous.

It's not often I call upon support for help, but when I do expect to get it promptly. My server is a production server, I can't afford for it to be offline for this long, and I pay 85 a month for the privilege.

Let me draw to your attention to your own SLA:
Level 1
(Server unavailable, faulty component)
- Intervention (GTI) 1 hour

I expect a 5% refund per hour you don't reply this month as stated by your SLA terms.

Andy
30-05-2013, 13:05
45 minutes now. How is this considered acceptable?

Andy
30-05-2013, 12:45
Unfortunately I work 9-5 and am unable to phone. E-mail is my only mode of contact during those hours.

Also, you still didn't answer my original question: What is the e-mail SLA?

I'm now stuck with a server offline because I set it to netboot, tried to reboot but there is still an intervention in progress which the technician hasn't closed. As a result, I can't do anything and my e-mails have gone unreplied to so far (20 minutes). Please respond as soon as possible.

S0phie
30-05-2013, 12:34
Neil replied to your email 10 minutes ago.

Don't hesitate to contact us by phone as well if needed.

Phone support is available from 9am to 6pm Mon-Fri. and 24/7 for our incident team on 02033842356.

Andy
30-05-2013, 12:12
Is there any maximum time I should expect to wait for replies from the customer support e-mail? E.G. the intervention SLA is 1 hour, but does e-mail have this?

I e-mailed in at 9am regarding an issue and still haven't had a reply. I find that quite poor.