OVH Community, your new community space.

Cannot resolve NS query. Please try again later!

Myatu
12-06-2013, 22:01
It looks like 'smtp2.domain.com' isn't setup correctly, given the 'No answer' reply. An nslookup should provide you with the IP address (A record) of that domain. Check whether the nameservers are correct with your domain registrar.

olimits7
12-06-2013, 19:05
Hi,

Thank you for replying!

The reason I want to set up the PTR record is because I'm going to be using this IP address (smtp2.domain.com) to send out my customer email newsletter subscriptions. And I want to have this in place to help increase "inbox" delivery of the emails I send out.

I don't know why in OVH Manager, I'm able to successfully set up the reverse to "domain.com" with one of the dedicated IPs I have, but when I try to do this with "smtp2.domain.com" and another dedicated IP I have it doesn't work.

When I do the nslookup for "smtp2.domain.com" I receive the following message: No answer Authoritative answers can be found.

Is there anything else that I can do to get this PTR to work properly for "smtp2.domain.com"?

Thank you!

Myatu
11-06-2013, 22:51
Unless you are the owner or administrator of the IP block, the PTR records in your nameserver isn't required. But easiest is just to do an nslookup of dig on 'smtp2.domain.com' and check if that comes up with the expected results.

olimits7
11-06-2013, 16:25
Hi,

I added another IP address to my OVH account, and I'm trying to set the "Reverse" up under "OVH Manager > IP Fail Over" page, but each time I enter in the subdomain (smtp2.domain.com) I'm trying to add it doesn't save and I receive the "Cannot resolve NS query. Please try again later!" message.

I first went into my Plesk subscription account for my main domain (domain.com); which works properly and points to a different IP address under OVH Manager. And I added the following records for the new IP address with the new subdomain (smtp2.domain.com): A, NS, PTR, TXT (SPF).

Why am I still not able to setup "smtp2.domain.com" under OVH Manager when I set up all these DNS records up already under my Plesk account?

Thank you!