OVH Community, your new community space.

OVH Partner Programme for admins and webmasters

jonlewi5
09-08-2013, 21:52
No i agree id never spend that kind of cash again.

CBT nuggets are awesome. Got their CCNA vids. They are brilliant!

rickyday
09-08-2013, 21:42
I spent $4k with a training company for some courses a few years ago and while they were good, the options now are much much better.

Access to some companies entire training catalogues for $50 a month, cant go wrong really.

I would never pay thousands again, now there is no need to

Trainsignal and CBT Nuggets courses are very good, and you always have the option to purchase books from Reilly or similar if you want to take your learning to a much higher technical level.

Knowledge is power!!

jonlewi5
09-08-2013, 21:39
i've been looking at trainsignal. especially at their vmware stuff. Seems pretty reasonably priced for what you get.
I recently took a red hat course....4k it cost me the annoying thing was it was all stuff i knew but didnt have the paper to prove it.

rickyday
09-08-2013, 21:35
Quote Originally Posted by jonlewi5
Damn, i wish red hat did the same!
I may have to have a look at those courses though. Cant help to know!
Indeed it wouild be good to have some free resources like this for Linux (Youtube just isn't the same )

There are quite a few Trainsignal, CBT Nuggets, Lynda and similar online courses available as well though to purchase, and all the above have subscription access to their whole entire catalogue.

Prices for above range from $50 to $99 for monthly access.

jonlewi5
09-08-2013, 21:28
Damn, i wish red hat did the same!
I may have to have a look at those courses though. Cant help to know!

rickyday
09-08-2013, 21:25
Quote Originally Posted by jonlewi5
Holy ****!
You have been on a lot of MS courses!
It is all free as well if you have any interest in Microsoft Technologies or products

I cannot recommend www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com enough

jonlewi5
09-08-2013, 20:57
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
I would be happy to assist the Microsoft Server customers.

A little about myself here.

http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.c...id=VP6UwqhN9eX
Holy ****!
You have been on a lot of MS courses!

rickyday
08-08-2013, 22:20
I would be happy to assist the Microsoft Server customers.

A little about myself here.

http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.c...id=VP6UwqhN9eX

vladinc
08-08-2013, 16:47
Quote Originally Posted by marks
macole111 <= ok, you're right. We went through the process. Yes, we've got you on the list of possible admins. We've just been far too busy to pass on cases. It should restart in Alpha test in the following weeks.
what about the rest of the people who sent email and never got a reply

macole111
08-08-2013, 11:16
macole111 <= ok, you're right. We went through the process. Yes, we've got you on the list of possible admins. We've just been far too busy to pass on cases. It should restart in Alpha test in the following weeks.
That is what I thought, don't stress it. Let me know when you need anything else.

-macole111

marks
08-08-2013, 11:07

macole111
08-08-2013, 09:11
Just to clarify what happened to me.

I sent in email, Marc replied then we had a telephone conversation.

Then I sent in me and my business partner's proof of ID and address.

Since then I have heard nothing back from it, I do appreciate however that OVH night be a bit preoccupied at the moment.

-macole111

Thelen
08-08-2013, 08:50
i've sent my emails too. i got some replies from .ie people, but nothing since i replied again :/

Myatu
07-08-2013, 21:38
Still need to call - completely spaced it. Good start, eh?

macole111
07-08-2013, 18:20
well, I think you're not understanding me: do send the email again, because if you haven't received a response by now, you will never do unless you send an email.

Your email must have got lost by mistake or there must have been a confusion. I can tell that I've got no email from you that I can reply to now.
Sent.

-macole111

vladinc
07-08-2013, 18:19
I did sent an inquiry regarding this too.. but so far .. no response..

marks
07-08-2013, 17:41
well, I think you're not understanding me: do send the email again, because if you haven't received a response by now, you will never do unless you send an email.

Your email must have got lost by mistake or there must have been a confusion. I can tell that I've got no email from you that I can reply to now.

marks
07-08-2013, 17:25
could you resend it, please?

macole111
07-08-2013, 16:57
I applied and set in my documents, then I never got a response.

Don't worry though, I can wait :P

-macole111

marks
07-08-2013, 15:25
yes, it's got a bit delayed at the moment. But, macole111, we've replied to all email. Could you send it again?

macole111
07-08-2013, 14:13
I applied ages ago to this scheme, but I have heard nothing more.

I expect OVH are a bit busy right now.

-macole111

megaukhost
07-08-2013, 13:03
I use to have a link on my website referring to OVH and a £30 a month service for managing there server so I can see it working pretty well. I probably don't qualify for it as was a customer with OVH and just recently came back to them and I still ow them £7 for my old account which i need to sort lol.

I expect they get a lot of new inexperience users that just see the price and order straight away without reading the SLA.

UK1
07-07-2013, 00:35
Sounds interesting. I did think OVH would eventually go down the 'managed' route. Look forward to hearing more.

turbanator
02-07-2013, 02:24
yeah brilliant idea i can own myatu then just for my problems

Myatu
01-07-2013, 14:37
I think its a brilliant idea, TBH.

You can only ask so much from OVH before it falls outside the scope of "non-managed".
This is where a third party can pick it up, and I think its good if OVH can refer you to one that is a "known and trusted" third party. That's better than asking for a random person to help, and end up with some bloke that turns your server into a bot-net slave, or worse, transfer ownership of things.

And, this could still be effective in case it *does* fall within the "non-managed" scope. In case you are on a holiday or otherwise unable to contact OVH directly, for example.

LawsHosting
27-06-2013, 23:16
Hmmm too.. I can't help to think about the flaws with this, because I'm a pessimist.

Myatu
27-06-2013, 21:12
Hmm!

marks
27-06-2013, 16:29
Hello everyone

OVH is looking for UK-based system administrators and webmasters that would be interested on taking on some work from our customers to setup a partnership. This is only a trial.

It's still in early planning stages, but the idea is to offer our customers an option of being referred to a sysadmin/webmaster for a particular task or perhaps even managing the server when this falls outside what the OVH support offers. This would be done through already experienced and knowledgeable OVH customers.

It may include services such as periodic server maintenance, game server installation, help with a backup, disaster recovery, web development, full server management or anything that our customers come to us with.

Get in touch with us if you're interested, to know more about it. Obviously, there are a few conditions, such as using OVH services, know OVH very well, had been a customer for some time, among others.

This partnership programme is still in early stages and it's being tested to see how it would work. If you're interested, send us an email to customersupport@ovh.co.uk with your details

Hope to hear from you, guys!

OVH UK Support